by EA_Kent

Original Post

Some of my settings were reset

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? shadow and m3
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I was in skyhook in worlds edge
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I had just landed, and I the last match I was disconnected from the game.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I’m not sure exactly, but at least 10
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) I don’t know when it happened, but if I were to give it a guess I would say 16.8.20 20:00 UTC
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of my settings are reset, but it shows that they are still my custom controls. I think they are back to normal now though.
What should be happening instead? My settings should stay the same, because I have not changed them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It probably wont happen again easily, because I haven’t had it happen before or after. Also, I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but the game before, I was disconnected during the match. It was able to tell my settings were wrong as soon as I landed and moved around.

I got disconnected from a game one time, and I died while re-logging. When I went to the next game, I landed, but then my buttons weren’t working right. I turns out some of my settings were reset to default, but it still showed that they were on custom. 

For example, one custom control was that I had the crouch button to the right joystick (instead of the “b” button as it is on default) (I play on Xbox).

I had to reset my settings and put them back to customized to get them back to how I play.

This bug is really annoying because i don’t know all of the settings I had changed, so for a while I will have to keep figuring out the hard way what settings have changed. This changes sensitivity, custom controls, and the option to stay in a death box while you are getting shot at, but those are just the ones I have noticed so far. 

Thank you for reading this, and have a great day!

Message 1 of 2 (181 Views)

Re: Some of my settings were reset

Community Manager

Hi @matthew2999

Just to make sure I understand correctly, it was still showing that your settings were the way you had set them, but while you were in-game they weren't actually working the right way? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)