by rmw8855

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solved] - Unplayable Sims after Celebrity Life Update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version 14.4.2
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know how you can duplicate the bug, but 3 of my 4 active sims are now unplayable.
What do you expect to see? I want my active sims back.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I just updated my game and 3 out of my 4 sims disappeared. The pictures just show a big X through them (picture 1).
The sims are still on the lot but I can't play them. They show up in the family portrait (picture 2), but not when you open the portrait window (picture 3).
The sim in the middle of the family portait is an unplayable sim from a previous glitch that I can't play (he shows as moving) so he just hangs out around the house.

Sims Crossed Out & Not available for playSims shown in family portraitSims not shown in Current Family

Message 1 of 10 (940 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unplayable Sims after Update

★★★★ Expert

Just in case anyone else has this problem, a friend found the solution online. 

Make the active sim passive and when the screen updates all of your other sims will be back.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (933 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

Just in case anyone else has this problem, a friend found the solution online. 

Make the active sim passive and when the screen updates all of your other sims will be back.

Message 2 of 10 (934 Views)

Re: Unplayable Sims after Celebrity Life Update

★★★★★ Newbie

This happened to me. I can’t make them passive or active. 

Message 3 of 10 (858 Views)

★ Novice

I tried and now it says I can’t because I have no open slots. 

Message 4 of 10 (849 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @EllePorter The one that you have to make passive is the sim that their picture does not have an x, have you tried with that one?

Message 5 of 10 (836 Views)

You seemed to have 2 different issues one was the X and the other was a sim that is not playable. Can you move the sim that is not playable to any other lot (if you have more lots)? Could you if not DM me your player id?

Message 6 of 10 (835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same has happened to me, I have a ton of older sims in the family... I can’t remove them, I can’t make make them active or passive... they’re just taking up space. Help?!

Message 7 of 10 (811 Views)

@collonsuats that is another issue, the studio has been made aware of it already

Message 8 of 10 (806 Views)

Re: [Solved] - Unplayable Sims after Celebrity Life Update

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, they just hang in the air, and I don’t want them back, I sent them away from my house long time ago. Why are they already here? I can’t promote playable , I can’t do anything with them. I can’t moving new members, because they hanging there. 

Message 9 of 10 (636 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not for me 

Message 10 of 10 (608 Views)