[Solved] Sim not progressing in traits

by LexNagel

Original Post

Re: Can’t select traits

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. None of my 4 sims' bars have moved at all today. I added a trait for one sim this morning but it has stayed empty. My two male sims have had full bars all day but haven't progressed.  My other female sim's bar is almost full but hasn't changed all day.

My ID is 1002947029332.

Message 31 of 39 (1,696 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought things were back to normal this morning when I was able to add traits to 3 of my sims and the fourth one's bar had progressed. However, by this afternoon, the new traits bars were still empty and the one that had progressed was still at the same level. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow morning ...

Message 32 of 39 (1,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile

Platform: Apple iPad

List the specific devices you play with: Apple iPad Air 2

OS Version: 11.4

Player ID: 1003291874858

How often does the bug occur? All of the time (100%)

Steps: For my 3 Sims, their "Next Trait Unlock" status is nearly or completely full with no progress or unlock after completing multiple events and gaining multiple levels.

What do you expect to see? New traits should unlock when the status bar fills, but instead they are frozen.

Connection Type: WiFi

Please select your region: North America

Additional feedback: I started the game just a few days ago. I was previously able to progress and select traits, but none in more than a day. I'm currently at level 14.

ETA: I tried uninstalling and reinstalled not long after the daily reset. The pictured character whose trait bar was full got a new trait in the middle of a wedding quest event. Another who had filled the bar (after posting and then got stuck) had "Ready to Add a Trait" soon after reinstalling. The last also gained a trait. I can't be sure if this is because of the daily reset, the reinstall, a combination, or other factors.

If the progress wasn't actually frozen as it appeared, I would suggest a visual change because the fully green bar appears ready/complete.

Message 33 of 39 (1,583 Views)

@Immichan@LexNagel@kaleen86@Lilandrah@brucegaretz do you guys still have this issue since the newest updates?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 34 of 39 (1,510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would say that I think things are still the same as when I originally reported it; however, it was a day after an update and in the time since, I've come to think it was an intentional change somehow (either the designers tweaked some of the numbers in the gaining trait process or a change in the visual bar display so that the natural end point of fully playing the day after a new sim is created is with a full seeming bar for trait 2). This change did not affect the number of days it takes my sims to retire after that update. Therefore, I think I've come to the conclusion that this isn't a problem.

Message 35 of 39 (4,214 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I gotta sim that won't upgrade to 3rd trait. The bar stays empty no matter how many actions I have her do!

Message 36 of 39 (1,357 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Tiffany562411,

Any changes?

If your bar is still empty, could you tell us how long have you been playing without it going up?

Thanks!
-Mai
Message 37 of 39 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Mai

Yes changes.
(Here's something interesting)
I learned that the bar only goes up a certain amount each day no matter what u do & it don't matter how much u work & use cupcakes cause it doesn't have no effect on the bar. I know cause I used a 113 cupcakes & then after that I realized it didn't fill the bar at all & I felt ripped off outta my cupcakes.
So in other words it's not possible for u to fill it faster on your own & it is what it is. The game is set up to only allow it to fill in a certain amount each day.
Unless something's wrong with my game

Message 38 of 39 (1,316 Views)

Re: [Solved] Sim not progressing in traits

★★★ Newbie

I have successfully found out a solution for this problem. All you need to do is have 4 babies and wait till they have a parenting button above them click the button and start the event. Complete it and your sim's trait bar will move a little sadly just a little bit so i would say your sims will retire after seeing their great great grandkids.

Message 39 of 39 (731 Views)