[Solved] Can’t marry or ask NPC to move in

by brief_candles

Original Post

Re: [Open] Can’t marry or ask NPC to move in

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue: My player ID is [REDACTED]* and the NPC’s name is Vicki Harper

* It's been a month, so I removed it unless someone needs it.

Message 71 of 84 (1,961 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm also having this problem! I can't ask my Sims soulmate to move in nor can I propose! My boy is not an elder - I checked the family portrait and it says adult - (which is dumb because why can't older Sims find love and happiness too)?! Anyways his bae's name is Myra Desai. My player ID is 1004677987445. I created a nursery and everything for them to start their family but it won't let them be happy! 😭 Please help. Thanks!
Message 72 of 84 (1,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The question is not about Sims owned by other players. The question is about EA generated non-playable characters.

Message 73 of 84 (1,712 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_LannaEA_Mai Matty Franks
Message 74 of 84 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@redhededkewty if your Sim is single or divorced and the NPC is young, it will be possible for your Sim to propose as soon as the relationship reaches level 4. After the proposal they will be able to marry. Make your Sim interact with the NPC and look into flirty options. Scroll down to see all available options.

NPCs move in automatically after marriage and you will be able to promote them to an empty playable Sim spot.

Proposal+Marriage.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 75 of 84 (13,312 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice on here! I have just completed the Soulmates story line with one of my Sims and an NPC and shortly after completed the roommate story line, thus finally unlocked my 3rd slot. Like others on here, I was not given the move in option once the spot became available (although earlier it was there, but locked.) A couple of hours before I completed these two quests, both my sims gave me the option to retire them, which I declined in both instances as neither had completed any story line them -I also have only been playing this game for a week. Now I am trying to rush through the wedding option as I have read that NPCs can only move in if they are married, and then they give you the option to play them. However, my concern is that they will be an elder before the end of the story line. Most of the other NPCs that have been around since I started playing have already turned elderly. I don't think he is hunching over yet. But after reading the posts on here, I am concerned this will happen. Is there a reason they age sooo quickly? It doesn't make sense to have people get to retirement age before story lines are completed.

Message 76 of 84 (1,562 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this same issue and need help too.

I made over an NPC as my boyfriend to marry, I'd chosen one that was not gray haired to be sure he wasnt an elder, yet I have no option to propose and I finished the story. 

My other sims have the option to propose to their NPC significant others, and I've compared all the NPCs and none look elderly at all. 

There should be an easier way to identify the elders, or just allow us to marry them as well.

Message 77 of 84 (1,385 Views)

Hero
@MsBellaMorte The proposal option appears at level 4 in any relationship story. There's no need to wait until you complete the story to propose and get married. Could you please share screenshots that show the NPC boyfriend?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 78 of 84 (1,371 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes I understand I shouldve been able to propose after level 4 but it never came up with this particular NPC.

I'm so dreading that he's going to end up an elder somehow even though I carefully chose an NPC that appeared young to avoid this problem, and have never witnessed a hair color change since making him over. 

🤞🏻 hoping for just a glitch. He's the cute blonde 

Message 79 of 84 (1,351 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oops, photos didn't do what o meant them to.

Let's try that again:

Screenshot_20191206-230003_The Sims.jpg

20191127_223114.jpg

Message 80 of 84 (1,325 Views)