[Solved] Can’t marry or ask NPC to move in

by brief_candles

Original Post

Re: [Open] Can’t marry or ask NPC to move in

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello, I am having this same problem. Frown I have a slot open, am level 9 with Olivia Santiago, she has black hair and is not hunched over, so I can see she is not an elder, but it still won't give me the option to move her in. Please help asap so she doesn't become an elder on me! Thank you! Player ID:  1003622308466  ***edit:  I've tried flirting with multiple NPCs and the move in option never appears, however, when I flirt with another players Sim, the move in option appears immediately. What seems to be happening is you have to marry an NPC before they can move in.. how about let's just be friends? No?

Message 31 of 84 (2,008 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I also can't ask a sim (Hannah Halili) to move-in. My player id is 1003361758546. That sim (Hannah Halili) is actually a former member of my household, and had been moved out so I can retire one of my playable sims. I want to move her back as one of my playable sims. The relationship story (Fixer Upper) with her is already completed (relationship level maxed) and she is also married to one of my sims, but there's still no option to ask her to move-in. (At the time I was trying to ask her to move-in, I had the third slot free.)
Message 32 of 84 (1,982 Views)

★ Novice

I can´t ask the NPC-Sim (Jana Bridges) to move in. The third slot is free.
The Friendship Story with my own Sim (Hannah Funkelstein) is Level 10 ending.

My player ID is1003422323535.

Message 33 of 84 (1,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi, my sim can't seem to get married. i have a sim with a level 8 romantic relationship (i also have one with a level 10 relationship status) but when i tap on the wedding arch the get married option isn't available. i can't unlock the ' a delightful proposal' quest. i have all the required items (wedding arch, etc.). but the propose event is missing or when i tap on the wedding arch only the 'imagine big day' action appears. i've also done all the troubleshoot stuff suggested.

player id: 1003008472645

Message 34 of 84 (1,861 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@mingkywingky, you're probably only seeing 'imagine big day' because your selected sim doesn't have a fiancé since you can't do the propose event.

Also, as far as I remember, propose event can be selected from the sim's partner and not from the wedding arch.
Message 35 of 84 (1,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@sdtabot yeah, the problem is the 'propose' event or option doesn't show up either. so my sim can't get engaged.

Message 36 of 84 (1,812 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Why can not my sims  ask NPC Sims to "move in" ? This option does not seem to exist at all with my NPC Sims, no matter what age and level of relationship. For all other Sim players Sims, this option will be present (active or inactive depending on the relationship level).

My Player-ID: 1003574153133

Message 37 of 84 (1,784 Views)

★ Novice

I'm sad. The NPC Sim (Jana Bridges) became an old Sim tonight.
I saw it in the game this morning when I first logged in.
Here again a picture as it was with my first contribution.
Die Sims_2018-05-06-23-26-45.png
But the problem persists. I can not ask any young NPC Sims to "move in" at all. This option is not present on my NPC Sims.
My player ID is 1003422323535.

Message 38 of 84 (1,758 Views)

★ Guide

We need a way to control the ageing of NPCs that are involved in relationship stories. There should be some immunity. By the time you finish the story like I did like Isodora Lopez NPC she was an elder. The move in option never appeared after I got to Level 8.

Trying to to speak to them without being in a story is taking too long. Christian Grier NPC is now an elder so that’s another dead end. It’s very frustrating!

Message 39 of 84 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay I understand. I have to marry an NPC Sim to add him to my household. It does not work if it's just friendship.

Yesterday I married an NPC Sim. After the marriage, the question then came "to move in".

Die Sims_2018-05-14-17-32-18_Moment 01.jpg

Die Sims_2018-05-14-17-32-18_Moment 02.jpg

Message 40 of 84 (1,686 Views)