Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Various servers
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18/01/2019
Summarize your bug Social screen appearing on pressing R2 in game instead of firing weapon.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game and it may appear after death/ respawn.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot fire my weapon, but instead social page keeps opening and closing on pressing R2 until I redeploy.
What should be happening instead? Gun should fire in game. R2 social should only work whilst in menus before game.

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? Various servers
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18/01/2019
Summarize your bug Social screen appearing on pressing R2 in game instead of firing weapon.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game and it may appear after death/ respawn.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot fire my weapon, but instead social page keeps opening and closing on pressing R2 until I redeploy.
What should be happening instead? Gun should fire in game. R2 social should only work whilst in menus before game.

Since 1.7 update I am having an issue of the Social page opening in game when I try to fire my weapon on pressing R2 button. This is intermittent, but I have to either press options, select Social , then exit social to make it go away, or sometimes I need to redeploy to clear this bug. Also challenges screen stays over gameplay at the same time and the steps taken clear this. I am on PS4 Battlefield V. Another user said on twitter they had same issue and found pressing start twice cleared issue, until next time it happened again.

Message 1 of 18 (2,254 Views)

Re: Social page opens in game when firing weapon on pressing R2

★ Novice

Ive had this happen to me so many times and its really annoying. Ive died countless times because it opened up the social/squad page instead of me being able to fire my weapon.

I hope it gets fixed soon

Message 2 of 18 (2,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah it really is annoying. Some of the other in game bugs can be troublesome to irritating a little, but this is ridiculous. I've been trying to find if there is a way to disable the R2 social / squad option in the meantime, but so far I haven't found a way to. Solution Dice/EA soon , as well as the other bug fixes please!
Message 3 of 18 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here i have this crazy bug to. I, m playing on both Playstation pro, and the normal xbox one.
I like the game but this makes it almost impossible to enjoy.
Hope you will look at it a.s.a.p.
Thanks!
Message 4 of 18 (2,135 Views)

★★★ Novice
Every time i spawn in i have to shoot atleast ones in the air to look if the social screen comes up. If not i can play for a little time.
Please come up with a fix because a shooter were you can, t shoot is pointless. Thanks!
Message 5 of 18 (2,123 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is also happening on Xbox one . Very annoying glitch. It doesn't happen right from the jump but once it does I have to exit the whole game for a brief fix. 

Message 6 of 18 (2,098 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me repeatedly since the last update. The only way to fix it is to hit options and exit out. Good luck, though, if the glitch happens in close quarters combat...

Message 7 of 18 (2,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Happens every few games, still occurring after the update 

Message 8 of 18 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

this happens to me a few too many times. i have to die then go into customise gun screen the back out then respawn..seriously messes my k/d ratio up then i loose interest.

i also get shot in the back like 80% of the time....very annoying....lol

Message 9 of 18 (2,005 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, still happening for me too. Haven't seen it mentioned in any YouTube videos by anyone yet. Maybe it is confined to a small number of players, but all the same would be good to see it fixed! 

Message 10 of 18 (1,977 Views)