Re: Social Services takes away my Child

by MrMig57

Original Post

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I didn’t know kids were taken away for bad grades, although I’ve seen crinrict ask that before.

If you have Get to Work and your kid is sick, just order medicine on the computer and have your kids take it and send them to school. That almost always cures them.

Message 11 of 28 (829 Views)

★ Guide

Hi again @xochiquetzl_xkvn !

Well, apparently kid didn't star with a C Frown 

And thanks for the medicine tip, I hate it 'cause once I was accused of taking it without being sick :o How it happened? You know they get sick and five sim minutes later they're fine and then sick again? Well, I asked my sim to take it but it got queued so when he or she finally took it, he or she was fine! and I got a message saying my Sim shouldn't be taking medicine without being sick :S I wonder if it still happens...

Hello @MrMig57 !

It sims they've changed that. But they shouldn't have. But they did. Or just selected Sims? Who knows. Can we consider this a bug?

Thanks for all the help, greatly appreciated!

Message 12 of 28 (796 Views)

Hero
@paolaelectra To me this sounds awfully fast to be take away though. I think there used to be a warning at least before they were take) like there is for the baby, it's very hungry, blabl.

I assume you didn't get such warning ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@paolaelectra wrote:

And thanks for the medicine tip, I hate it 'cause once I was accused of taking it without being sick :o How it happened? You know they get sick and five sim minutes later they're fine and then sick again? Well, I asked my sim to take it but it got queued so when he or she finally took it, he or she was fine! and I got a message saying my Sim shouldn't be taking medicine without being sick :S I wonder if it still happens...

Yea, I have also noticed that from time to time with one of my families that ends up constantly getting sick with a cold (and me then having them take some medicine), sometimes they still tend to cough or do another animation indicating that they are still sick, even though they basically aren't anymore.

That is why I only have them take some medicine when I see them having a moodlet gained "From illness". That way I can be certain that they won't get the dazed moodlet from taking medicine when not sick.

Message 14 of 28 (703 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict !

Nope, no warning.

Message 15 of 28 (686 Views)

★ Guide

@MrMig57 wrote:

Yea, I have also noticed that from time to time with one of my families that ends up constantly getting sick with a cold (and me then having them take some medicine), sometimes they still tend to cough or do another animation indicating that they are still sick, even though they basically aren't anymore.

That is why I only have them take some medicine when I see them having a moodlet gained "From illness". That way I can be certain that they won't get the dazed moodlet from taking medicine when not sick.

I hate it when my doctor, who has earned the "immune to disease" trait also gets sick. I use to give them OJ or make them sleep, they eventually get better. And oh! they only get the dazed moodlet? I thought it was something worse, hehe, I was scared for nothing. thanks @MrMig57 !

Since I want to keep this on topic, I must say, and I'm just hypothesizing here, both my Sim's parents have professions, dad is an Actor, mom is a Home Decorator. Mom got the job once the child became a child, not before. So, maybe professions (those jobs which you can go with your Sims) increases the chance for the game to detect your child Sim as neglected?

Message 16 of 28 (680 Views)

Re: child taken away for "neglect" - he's fine!

Hero
@fawkes812 Children are usually taken away for low grades. What grades do your children have ? Did you get a warning ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 28 (683 Views)

My son keeps getting taken by child services for no reason

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all stuff packs and expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? My son keeps getting taken away for neglect despite being fed, bathed, happy, and doing well in school.
What do you expect to see? I expect him to not be taken from me anymore
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if this counts as a bug, but I'm trying to complete the occult baby sim challenge (not able to complete fully since I don't have the mods that would let me complete it) and one of my sim's sons keeps getting taken by child services for neglect. I have not gotten a warning before this happened. I was able to recover him by exiting the game without saving, but every time I get back into the game, he gets taken. He's fed, happy, clean, and his grades are good. Each time he's been taken was while interacting with another sim in the household. I accidentally aged him into a child when he was a toddler and then aged him down, giving him an F average in school, so I tried using a cheat to raise his grades, which I am not sure worked but whatever. He just keeps getting taken and I'm not sure what else I should do. 

Message 18 of 28 (651 Views)

Re: My son keeps getting taken by child services for no reason

Hero
@the_cherrysoda I'm guessing cheating the grade up didn't work properly. I've merged your post with the current thread on this.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 28 (634 Views)

Re: Social Services takes away my Child (no warning/low grades)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having this problem on the xbox one. My kid was taken away for no reason. She had good grades and was “inspired,” yet still got rescued. I dont know what the issue was and I tried going back to previous saves to see if I can pinpoint the problem. She was still taken away even when I brought her on a vacation, fed her, and so on. I am assuming my game was just bugged

Message 20 of 28 (549 Views)