Re: child taken away for "neglect" - he's fine!

by fawkes812

Original Post

Social Services takes away my Child (no warning/low grades)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Journey to Batuu, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Country Kitchen Kit, Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Sim via genetics or download one form the gallery and make it a toddler, make it reach childhood and it will be taken away by social services.
What happens when the bug occurs? My kid is taken away by social services even when their needs are full
What do you expect to see? My kid not taken away for no reason
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has happened to me twice, both times related to genetics. First time, I chose two Sims from the Gallery, played with genetics, chose the greatest looking and turned her into a toddler, took care of her and shortly after becoming a child, social services took her away. I managed to retrieve her but she was an adult so I missed all her education. 

*** Second time it happened, I chose an adult Sim from an old save, turned her into a toddler, played with genetics to get mom, dad, and brother. All was well with the exception she didn't sleep or peed because I already bought the 'Never Weary' and 'Steel Bladder' when I played with her first, as an adult. Social services took her from me which makes no sense and breaks all my playgame because she is the reason I created her whole family, I want her to have all her abilities to the top and have an awesome relationship with her brother.***

Is there a way to prevent this?

I've had a thousand children with a lot of Sims, none has taken away from me, ever.

Help!

My whole story is lost without her.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 4 of 28 (2,396 Views)

child taken away for "neglect" - he's fine!

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPS (10) snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work GPS (9) journey to batuu, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat SPS (9) paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, vintage glamour, kids room, romantic garden, cool kitchen kits Football bust the dust, country kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure -- play a family with a ghost kid or 2?
What happens when the bug occurs? game tries to take the kid away, i am not sure why. he was outside for 2 or 3 sim hours, alternating between building sandcastles, playing on monkey bars and playing on swing set he came in and used a (very dirty) toilet -- then i sent him to get food because his hunger need was yellow. he took a few bites of an excellent quality grilled cheese sandwich, then the game gave me a notification that "due to neglect, Taku is being whisked away to safety" The game gave me no previous notifications about Taku at all... just this one that came out of the blue.
What do you expect to see? if a game is taking a kid away, give me a warning first
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help-- 

game tries to take the kid away, i am not sure why.
he was outside for 2 or 3 sim hours, alternating between building sandcastles, playing on monkey bars and playing on swing set

he came in and used a (very dirty) toilet -- then i sent him to get food because his hunger need was yellow.
he took a few bites of an excellent quality grilled cheese sandwich, then the game gave me a notification that "due to neglect, Taku is being whisked away to safety"
The game gave me no previous notifications about Taku at all... just this one that came out of the blue.

Message 1 of 28 (2,261 Views)

★ Novice

2nd attempt at attaching screenshot 

Message 2 of 28 (2,254 Views)

Hero
@fawkes812 Does he go to school ? What's grades does he have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 28 (2,215 Views)

Re: Social Services takes away my Child

★★★★ Expert

Interesting.  I played with genetics to get my Super Sim based on her mom, and she wasn't taken away. She didn't have any need-freezing reward traits, though, nor did I age her up to see what she'd look like as an adult.  I did create Mom at the same time, though, and don't know if that makes a difference. 

I wonder if the game was never tested with the need-freezing rewards applied to toddlers, since ordinarily they wouldn't be able to "afford" them.  That might explain the second example, at least. 

Message 5 of 28 (2,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@paolaelectra What grades does the kid have ? Children usually get taken for low grades, not low needs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (2,365 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @xochiquetzl_xkvn !

Maybe it's like @crinrict  said and it has nothing to do with needs! Disappointed

Though...

She's just been a child for a week, she does homework everyday and since she doesn't sleep yes, she finishes it all. But she's an F student (as in fantastic, right? I'm not familiar with that grading system) and another thing I just remembered is the day she was taken away, her mother made an excuse note for both her kids, they were sick. Only the girl was taken away.

I'm gonna repeat all her childhood, it's only been 3 days tops (of school, I mean) and make her improve her performance, she's also in the drama club, the first day she got late and the second day she didn't go because of the sickness and all. I'll make her go, even if sick and see what happens.

Thanks for clarifying why I lose my kids

I'll keep you posted, if you don't mind. Thanks.

Message 7 of 28 (2,328 Views)

★ Guide

Hi again!

I cheated, improved her performance, and now she's not taken away.

Thanks so much I felt really bad yesterday, I know I shouldn't is just a game but you have no idea how much hours I've spent on this household to reach a specific goal, lol!

So sorry for the drama, thanks for helping me and I'll see you next week with probably another issue.

Love,

Me

Message 8 of 28 (2,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@paolaelectra  I'm so glad this was sorted out for you! 

(And yeah, the grading system is very US-centric. A is the best, F is the worst, and kids should start solidly in the middle at C.)

Message 9 of 28 (2,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@paolaelectraAlso, just so you know, an F is a pretty low grade (the lowest in fact, if I'm not mistaken). Basically the highest grade students can have in this game is an A. EDIT: Seems like I was a bit late with this lol.

But I can't quite wrap my head around one thing though; according to the Sims wiki (or FANDOM, if you want), there aren't actually any penalties for children with the lowest grade possible, other than an embarrassed moodlet. Unless if the developers have changed that at some point.

Message 10 of 28 (2,298 Views)