by TreePerson69

Original Post

Sniper Scopes 100m Notches/Dots aren't accurate on Triple Take and Sentinel

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Harmonic_Res
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Firing Range
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting a distant target with a sniper scope using sentinel and triple take
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not applicable
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When zooming in with a sniper scope there are notches that indicate every 100m of bullet drop. When using the sentinel and the triple take, these notches are in the wrong position. When shooting a target 500m away (using rangefinder it says 500, when pinging it says 499), I can show that the bullet actually travels above the target and doesn't hit the target when the point I'm aiming at is well within where you are supposed to aim. This is a problem at other distances too eg 300 and 400 metres. I have not had this problem with the G7, Longbow and Kraber in previous seasons, but I have been avoiding the triple take and sentinel at longer ranges for this reason. I've always known about the problem but have never been bothered to report the bug until now. Many other plays (esports players especially) will be in the same boat.
What should be happening instead? The notches on the sniper scope have to be edited so that they are 100% accurate to the level of bullet drop that is happening.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Equip a digital sniper scope or other zoomed in sniper scope on the sentinel and triple take inside of the Firing Range. head up on a hill so you are exactly some increment of 100m away from the top of a shootable target. Take shots while slowly creeping your aim down to discover that shots aren't connecting with the target that ARE supposed to.

Here is my own video proof of the issue. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WeHiveZUvY

Thank you for listening to my bug report. I love Apex Legends and fixing this issue would make it just that much better <3

Message 1 of 2 (690 Views)

Re: Sniper Scopes 100m Notches/Dots aren't accurate on Triple Take and Sentinel

★★★ Newbie

I did a lot more testing and I discovered that it's due to a discrepancy between ping distance and the distance shown on the right while zoomed in. It seems that you will always hit that shot accurately if you follow the ping and ignore the range detector on the right while scoped. I think they calculated the range while zoomed to be the bullet travel distance but that number is always greater than the actual distance between you and the target because of the arc of the bullet.

What this means, is that the issue can be fixed by calculating the distance given on the right of the screen while scoped using a straight line as is done when pinging. This will allow skilled players to use snipers as the developers intended, able to make pinpoint precision headshots at range. 

Message 2 of 2 (658 Views)