[Smaller Bugs] Post here if you don't want to open your own thread

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Smaller Bugs] Post here if you don't want to open your own thread

Hero

@NevisDreams Merged since you posted more then one problem in one thread. Most issues have their own thread. Check the compiled list and add your voice there.

Plants only seem to grow if you're actually on the lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 198 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi 

I have an issue with my sims saying goodbye to other sims . Instead of having a say goodbye interaction I have two ask to leave interactions come up when I click on guest sims. To find the say goodbye interaction I have to click through multiple choices and it often just not available. It is annoying because to get sims to leave my sim household I have to use the ask to leave which often then results in a lower relationship status with the sim. 

I have also had the CAS/ title music continuing to play over the game bug too. 

I am running Windows 7 professional , above spec NVidia graphics and playing via the Origin portal. 

Thanks

Seamus99

Message 132 of 198 (649 Views)

Sims 4 Glitches

★ Newbie

Most of the game works well but I can't help thinking that certain Glitches might unstablise the game unless new patches are launched.

The Glitches I've found so far are:

1) Where is the Sim? Sometimes the large Sim (base left) disappears when its emotion changes and does not reappear.

2) "Ask to leave" sometimes appears in more than one option within the social interaction options

3) Creativity The child has stopped playing and is now sleeping, his creativity is still climbing and is now 229% 

I post these Glitches not to criticise, but to inform the developers crumbs under the sofa they might have missed. Standard smile

Message 133 of 198 (698 Views)

Angry sculpture icon doesn't match item itself

★★★ Apprentice

Just a little bug: the icon for the Angry sculpture shows a human figure jumping up and waving his fists, whereas the sculpture itself looks like a fist smashing downwards.

Message 134 of 198 (700 Views)

Re: SEVERAL GLITCHES!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Suzanna75 wrote:

1) on the computer it reads "troll teh chatroom" not troll the chatroom. More a lazy error than a glitch and to me it is unacceptable

I don't know if this is a bug, as the spelling of "the" as teh" seems to be more of a 'inside joke' based on "leet speak", - similar to the "computer geek" career.

My Bugs - I've only had the game around 1 week, Loving it so far.

Vanilla install via Dvd's, launching in Origin - No mods or Cheats

1/ Waking from sleep too easily - if my sim has had a hard day at work, she comes home with low Sleep, food, toilet and hygiene - But she is too tired to do anything so I send her to bed but 3 mins later she gets up, cos she needs the toilet or whatever - I find I have to queue up Sleep > toilet > Bath > Eat > Sleep everytime. I get it, she need to pee - Never was this bad in Sims3 - But not really a bug, just sensitive.and annoying

**But I have found I'll send her to sleep and find her at 4 am waking up and heading over the computer to "chat", cos her Social is low?? - Really!! she needs social that bad... it woke her up? (I've never been so lonley that it woke me up from sleep)

2/ I have the same bugs as above objects (fork, paint brush) stuck in hand, Music overlaying, objects breaking to easily/ breaking went finished using them (which seems to be an error i remember back in Sim2 and was fixed in Sims3)

3/ I Second the bug  - maids being useless  - (like collecting all the plates and then freezing for 1 hour then cleaning them),

Possible solution for Maid not showing up at all: I found the maid does sometime pop a message that "my house is clean and I don't need her services today" that might be why some people have an intermittent maid. (Might be missing the message due to your notifications window not being open, your getting a truncated view of your message and missing out on some all together as below)

4/ (possibly not a bug/ working as intended) Message notify window -  It will not show every/all messages if not expanded, so I am missing messages if they all come at once, like a promotion (when a promotion comes in that can be 2-3 messages - the message about new start times/pay etc, the big message about the new job, and the messages about unlocking new items)

The box can only can hold a certain amount of post (200 i think)  and errors when full?? - Either there shouldn't be a limit or It should auto clear every day/week whatever, only keeping important messages like the orange and red ones (bills, work performance etc)

Some sort of setting options for this would be great, like a time limit on the messages like delete ever 3/5/7 days or something, expand all/important/none messages etc

Message 135 of 198 (632 Views)

★ Guide

Mixology - The count down timer on my drinks has just vanished. I can no longer tell when I should freshen a drink or when they will spoil. The timer is just no longer there anymore?  No mods or downloads in my game. Playing on PC Windows 7. Also my Sim keeps getting massive huge muscles and I have to keep going into change appearance to change her back. Fishing, collecting, gardening are all doing this. 

Message 136 of 198 (629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All of the issues I've run across (and there are a lot) I've seen listed on one thread or another aside from one: all of my non-active Sims seem to always be in their workout clothes. The only way I can get someone to show up to my house or another lot location with anything other than workout clothes on is if I'm throwing a party and even then, a number of Sims will change into their workout clothes and never change back. There's not really any point to picking out the outfits for other clothing types because I never see Sims dressed in them.

Message 137 of 198 (621 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Crafted dinner table (woodworking) should add +6 to environment per description.

It adds nothing.

Stainless Steel Auto-Pot (coffeemaker) has no aura ability in description.

Still there is an option on it to enable aura. Of course, this aura has no effect.

First woohoo with someone in a spaceship appears as intended.

But if sim has a sad moodlet (not totally sad emotion) and goes for the second woohoo with the same sim, again the game generates first woohoo message.

(please, add this first woohoo notice glitch to the very bottom of the fixing priority list).

Message 138 of 198 (616 Views)

★★★ Novice

The text ingame gets blurry after hover.

I have this issue with other text as well: it's clear, but when focusing on it, after a second or two, the text seems to get a bit bolder, but for me it's just more blurry and not very readable... Anyone else experiencing this problem? All video settings are on ultra.

Message 139 of 198 (612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@JoxerTM22 wrote:

First woohoo with someone in a spaceship appears as intended.

But if sim has a sad moodlet (not totally sad emotion) and goes for the second woohoo with the same sim, again the game generates first woohoo message.

(please, add this first woohoo notice glitch to the very bottom of the fixing priority list).

Speaking of using one of mankind's greatest feats as a hokey pokey station, selecting "Try for Baby" with the rocketship doesn't fulfill the 50 Mile High achievement, nor does it fulfill any whims pertaining to woohooing past the stratosphere. You actually have to click on the rocket and select "WooHoo." Now, unless everyone else took very different health classes than I did, I'm pretty sure those two things are accomplished in just about the same way. If Sims do something different than woohooing to have a baby, I don't want to know about it.

Message 140 of 198 (707 Views)