[Smaller Bugs] Post here if you don't want to open your own thread

by crinrict

Original Post

[Smaller Bugs] Post here if you don't want to open your own thread

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you have a small bug or annoyance you wanna report, please post in here.

Bugs in this thread won't get added to any compiled list so if you want them to be added, please make your own thread for each bug but check the compiled list first if there isn't already one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 198 (2,470 Views)

Re: Smaller Bugs - Post here if you don't want to open your own thread

★★ Novice
I also had the "wrong sim comes over when inviting someone" bug. When I reloaded the game and tried again, the right person finally came over.
Message 2 of 198 (2,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Won't open a new thread as there is a similar one in the compiled list related to "Maid charging but not doing work". Not only does the maid clean the house literally every time (regardless of the time, seems she is awake to clean houses at 3am) the lot itself is unloaded, whether it be, quitting the game, travelling or simply changing appearance.. Her definition of clean is pretty poor, as almost nothing has changed but still charges the base $40 fee.

On the subject of the maid, she has a tendency to throw out food that is freshly prepared, rather than store it in the fridge like the maids of TS3.

Message 3 of 198 (2,432 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The music played when an object breaks is fairly inconsistent. Sometimes it doesn't play to notify when a stereo has broken. With computers, it will play a few seconds before in real-time, then again when it actually breaks, and once more when your active sim begins repairing it.

Message 4 of 198 (2,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Coffee machines seem to not allow the sim to autonomously multitask for the duration while they are drinking the coffee, unlike when eating.

While eating they can of course choose where to sit, turn on the TV and watch it, or turn on the stereo and listen to the music while they eat. However, with coffee, they will only multitask if issued a command manually while drinking, otherwise, they stand idly by the coffee machine sipping away while staring into the abyss.

Have only noticed this with one active sim in a household, will test with other NPC sims and see if they are able to interact with the drinking sim autonomously and edit this post accordingly.

Edit: Seems it's not just limited to the coffee machine, but also drinks from the fridge, such as milk.

Message 5 of 198 (2,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Here are some of my smaller bugs---

I moved my household from Oasis Springs to Willow Creek, and my children sims lost everything from their inventories, including school work. My adult sims still have everything in their inventories.

Sometimes my sim will autonomously cook, and the money gets subtracted from my funds BEFORE they cook and if it gets canceled for whatever reason, the money won't return to my household funds, but sometimes it DOES return to my household funds.

Sometimes sims will get stuck between performing actions, and they will walk in super slow motion circles around objects, through walls, through other sims, etc.

(this has been reported multiple times) But sometimes sims just stop doing whatever actions I've told them to do, 90% of the time it is while cleaning up dishes.

My pregnant sim went to work during her third trimester and got the "in labor" moodlet, but couldn't have the baby until I switched households and switched back.

When any of my sims get the option to ask a sim to leave, there are always multiple "Ask to Leave" interactions on the menu selection, but no indication if they do anything different.

Message 6 of 198 (2,409 Views)

Hero

Not sure how to handle this thread yet.

I'll let you just report for now.

@Desirai I don't think the loosing stuff on traveling counts as a small issue. Could you open a thread for that. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 198 (2,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am playing without mods or custom content via the digital download of the game on a windows 7 operating system. There's a few annoyances I've found so far but nothing game breaking.

• Sims don't get out of the bath when hygeine is full.
  • Baby sims aging up to children are always in party outfits even when there is no party.
  • Baby sim is returned from daycare when children come home from school - children cannot feed baby or change it's diaper.
  • Sim was born with a spoon in his hand. Had it until aging up to a teen which fixed the issue.
  • Food interactions are always dropped from the cue for literally anything else, even when the sim is starving.
  • Plates do not always go into the sink when using the hand of God feature, rubbish does not always go into the bins either.
  • Edge scrolling did not work for me in Umbrage Manor in Willow Creek.
  • Whole house highlights in white when attempting to move a painting from the easel to the wall.
  • Clicking to auto-fufil needs doesn't always register.
  • Cheats stop working after about three days or whenever there is a loading screen, a sim gets married or has a baby.
Message 8 of 198 (2,379 Views)

Re: Fridge Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I have some action glitches as well.

Married female's wedding ring sometimes floats away from my sim. *edit: confirmed, neither of their last names changed after getting married (with two households). Will see if I can re-name using testing cheats for a workaround.*

Sims glitch in the middle of actions, spinning around the object they are interacting with. This mostly occurs with workout equipment for me.

Sims randomly stop doing the dishes, or will not pick up a dish, even though there aren't any obstructions.

Neighbors steal my tablet unless it's in my inventory!
Message 9 of 198 (2,357 Views)

Hero

@hereforthesims Could you post your edge scrolling issue here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Edge-Scrolling-when-using-Build-Buy-mode/m-p/3446689

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 198 (2,348 Views)