Re: [Smaller Bugs] Post here if you don't want to open your own thread

by LillyPutian

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

SInce yesterday's update the glasses lenses on the sims in menus and portiats are bright purple. The frames and all the other clothing is normal, just the glasses and sunglass lenses. The sim itself that walks around is fine, but all sims' portiats have purple lenses.

Message 141 of 198 (932 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Eyeglasses in the Sim's thumbnails and in live mode are now blue.  They appear clear in CAS only.

This happened with the Goth children.  I've removed their eye wear completely from all outfits and saved and exited the game.  I reentered the game and house, put glasses back on Alexander, and the lenses were again blue in his thumbnail and on his face.

Message 142 of 198 (915 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having a bug which when reparing a shower the sim will repair the other shower (which dosen't need repairing) but this will repair the shower which does.

These showers not in the same room.

Message 143 of 198 (910 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just gonna post this one here.

I noticed that when I throw a party, and my guests try to get some food, they'll occasionally get reset. Like their arms will go out like wings, and then the get moved to a new place in the house.It doesn't effect the part, except that I may have to restart the "Eat Food" task.But it is annoying.

I also have the purple glasses issue.

Message 144 of 198 (860 Views)

★★ Novice

This probably isn't exactly a glitch, but it's absolutely driving me nuts: bartenders. They refuse to actually stay and do their jobs. If I go to a bar or the lounge, the bartender will stay for a few minutes and then walk off and the only options I have are to make my own drinks or tend the bar myself. This happened at a wedding as well when I had hired a bartender. I ended up having to have the groom tend the bar at his own wedding. 

Message 145 of 198 (830 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sim gets a "feed the cow plant" whim but feeding doesn't make it fulfilled.

Thought there might be a small bug there.

Message 146 of 198 (827 Views)

★★ Novice

My sims just finished trying for a baby. The male went to play the guitar and a wedding ring is floating in midair at the foot of the guitar.  (i have a screen shot but i don't see an upload button....picture the guitar being played and at the end of the guitar, the curved bottom, out in the 'Force' realm, floats a ring. )

as far as i know it isn't causing problems anywhere else. but i'd think you guys would want to know.   (ive not had the game too long, a week or less and im using WIN7 if that may be of importance.)

Message 147 of 198 (819 Views)

★★ Novice

The cook a Gourmet Meal Aspiration would not be complete when i cook a gourmet meal.  had to remove for new aspiration also the same with running on treadmill at gym.  they were both in the middle aspiration spot.

Message 148 of 198 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Repeatedly I've had issues where suddenly the UI won't work properly. I'll get the inital pie menu when I click on something, but I won't be able to go further than that. Travelling and returning seems to fix this, but it's irritating and happens a lot.

Also had issues where potions purchased from the aspiration store (or whatever it's called) wouldn't work.

Having more and more issues of telling Sims to use one object and they use the one in the other room (e.g., tell a Sim to use a computer in the bedroom and they use the one upstairs in the study). This seems to happen regardless of which one is closer.

At one point I told three Sims to eat together. They all got their food, then suddenly all three reset just before sitting at the table. I tried it again and the same thing happened. I had to tell each one individually to sit down and eat.

Also had a Sim go to work, then a few minutes later it said he returned from work but done poorly. He never left the house (he sat at the piano just inside the front door instead). The work day hadn't ended yet, so I have no idea what happened.

Also had numerous issues with books. Trying to get a sim to actually finish a book is near impossible. They'll start it but won't finish it. They'll instead set it on the floor or table or something and walk away (which makes it really annoying to have to be constantly scanning for abandoned books). I have to pretty much watch them so I can reselect it and can't queue up anything else until they're done.

ETA: Sims will randomly drop the entire queue for seemingly no reason. They won't act like something's wrong or the path is blocked--the queue will suddenly just dissapear and the Sim will stand around doing nothing for a while until you tell it to do something else or they start automated actions again (which can take a while sometimes).

Also, probably not a glitch, but eating takes a ridiculous amount of time. It took my Sim an hour and a half to eat breakfast.

Message 149 of 198 (808 Views)

★★ Novice

Since I updated the game, the glasses lenses on the sims in portraits are bright purple. The frames is normal, just the glasses. The sim appear clear in CAS only and live mode but all sims portraits have purple lenses, the rest is fine.

Message 150 of 198 (865 Views)