Slow promotion with new careers

by sumdawg007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Slow promotion with new careers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hey guys, so i have a somewhat similar but different issue. in the career panel all my skills are recognised but it takes at least 2 sims weeks for my sims to get a promotion. the moment my game updated with the new careers i quit the job one of my sims had (level 10 art) and started the new business one, and i have been playing pretty much constantly since, and she started at career level 3, and it has been at least 2 sims weeks and she is only career level 4. i always make her work hard, she has complated the goals and she always goes to work on time but i dont understand why she wont get a promotion? i moved in a friend and made him get a career in the tech guru branch and he has only been living there for about 1 week and he is already level 5 but it seems to be taking juts as long for him to get a promotion as well.. have they nerfed the speed at which you can progress in your careers now with the new update? because it sucks!

Message 1 of 5 (2,984 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Slow promotion with new careers

Hero

I heard from others that it's a hard career so this might not be a bug at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (3,150 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What career did you pick ?

Since it has nothing to do with the other bug, I split your post

@sumdawg007 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,946 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree that the performance bar seems to progress slower than it did before the patch.  I am not sure if this is a bug or an attempt to balance the fact that many of the task-based objectives for promotion were made significantly easier as part of the patch.  

Message 3 of 5 (2,941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi i chose the new business career and it is super slow to get a promotion, i have finally got to the point where i can chose a path and i chose management and it had been 1 and half sim weeks and i have still not advanced from there. And my other sim is doing the tech guru career and he is only at level 5 after 2 and a half sim weeks (of not getting a promotion). it used to only take a 3 days to get a prmotion and now it takes heaps longer.

Message 4 of 5 (2,929 Views)

Hero

I heard from others that it's a hard career so this might not be a bug at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (3,151 Views)