Slow movement/dive since latest patch

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Enter RAM memory size in GB 128
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? MinSukOh77
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline and Fuse
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Occured on all three maps in battle royal
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Diving from drop ship
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Occurs every match
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17.09.2021 23:00 (CET)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? My dive from the drop ship is extremly slow while looking normal on my screen (speed is around 149 according to head up display) and my movement in the game is extremly slow. When I am jumpmaster my teammates also have a slow dive as long as they stay connected to me and there head up displays shows speeds like 120 while mine shows 150). When they disconnect they dive much faster. If I am not jumpmaster I dive at normal speed as long as I stay connected to the team. The moment I disconnect I get immedialely slowed down dispite the head up display showing full speed. After landing movement is also slowed to what feels about 50% in general. When I get downed and revived in the game my movement speed is back to normal (similar to the slow movement bug described in 2019). And yes, I know how to dive normally (over 150 hours play time in Apex)....
What should be happening instead? Normal dive speed and normal in-game movement
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. This bug suddenly occured after the last patch (Apex Legends Evolution Collection event) and has been persistend since then.

I tried the following bug fixes so far:

- play with different legend

- complete clean re-install of origin and apex legends

- change all in game video settings I could think off.

Nothing of the above helped. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 14 (2,261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Slow movement/dive since latest patch

Community Manager

Thank you for the posts. ,Unfortunately slow-mo servers are something that can't really be addressed from the player's side. 

You can check the "The server is running in slow motion" section of our tech blog for a summary of why this issue happens, and of the steps taken to identify when it happens. 

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/servers-netcode-developer-deep-dive

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (2,312 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MinSukOh77 I have the same exact problem!
Message 2 of 14 (2,247 Views)

★★ Novice
@rdm_rollin sorry to hear! So annoying... Let me know when you come accross a solution! I will do the same.
Message 3 of 14 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MinSukOh77 solution will be... respawn fixing there screwup!
Message 4 of 14 (2,224 Views)

★★ Novice
@rdm_rollin hahah, so true!
Message 5 of 14 (2,219 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MinSukOh77 I am done with searching on my end. Its always an respawns end. Every time!
Message 6 of 14 (2,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@MinSukOh77 yep im having the same problem every single game. For me its only in the beginning of the match after a while it goes away. Or when i die and get respawned. It’s super annoying.

Message 7 of 14 (2,168 Views)

★ Novice
@MinSukOh77 I have the same exact problem also, i tried also to clean and re-install apex legends on steam, also I changed the game video settings, but without success...
Message 8 of 14 (2,110 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem as well, almost no-one else in the lobby seems to have the issue.

It's very difficult to fight and live when you move as if you're holding a sniper when you hold a pistol.

At least the people I play with does not have it.

It does seem like playing wraith and using her Q can help relieve it a little bit for those who are cronic strugglers like me.

Message 9 of 14 (2,075 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same exact problem!

Message 10 of 14 (2,061 Views)