by Rebecca_Blaak

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BDK] Filth Dwellers don't loathe cleaning/gain happy moodlets

★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39 (March 23 one)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs/kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a filth dweller sim equipped with a vacuum cleaner live in a filthy house
What happens when the bug occurs? SIm doesn't gain any positive filth related moodlets, vacuums autonomously (without complaining)
What do you expect to see? Sim acting according to trait description
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

"This Sim no longer receives negative moodlets from living in dusty or messy environments. They loathe cleaning and love filth, and will receive Happy moodlets while in Dirty or Filthy houses. Additionally, they gain the ability to bond with and befriend Filth Fiends!"

While first (lack of negative moodlets) and last sentence (befriending) are true, second one not really. Game files even confirm this - trait only blacklists a few buffs and enables befriending.

Message 1 of 4 (869 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Slobs/Filth Dwellers still get Uncomfortable in Filthy homes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just for anybody reading this, I managed to fix it myself. It's two lines of code in the buff_Dust_State_Filthy tuning that are incorrectly set to check if Sims aren't pets OR they have those traits, when it should be an AND test. It should look like this:

<L n="tests_set">
      <L>
        <V t="sim_info">
          <U n="sim_info">
            <V n="species" t="specified">
              <U n="specified">
                <L n="species">
                  <E>HUMAN</E>
                </L>
              </U>
            </V>
          </U>
        </V>
        <V t="trait">
          <U n="trait">
            <L n="blacklist_traits">
              <T>16860<!--trait_Slob--></T>
              <T>256785<!--trait_FilthDweller--></T>

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (831 Views)

All Replies

[BDK] Slobs/Filth Dwellers still get Uncomfortable in Filthy homes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your house or apartment become Filthy while playing as a Sim who has the Slob trait and/or has completed the Fabulously Filthy aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim gets a +2 Uncomfortable moodlet while in a Filthy environment, despite the trait and reward trait implying that they would not
What do you expect to see? A Slob Sim would be unaffected by Filthy surroundings, and a Filth Dweller Sim should enjoy being in a Filthy home as the aspiration description implies
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Either patch 1.73.57.1030 or 1.73.48.1030

Sims with the Slob personality trait and/or the Filth Dweller reward trait recieve +2 Uncomfortable moodlets when in a Filthy home or apartment. I don't think it used to be like this, something must have changed in one of the April patches. In any event, the descriptions of both traits implies that these Sims should be unaffected or even enthused by living in filthy surroundings – the Fabulously Filthy aspiration even says "[Sims] will receive Happy moodlets when in Dirty or Filthy houses", which is just completely wrong as they receive a negative moodlet just like anyone else. I'm not even sure if the reward trait from that aspiration even does anything at all since I've not found it any easier to bond with Filth Fiends, either.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 4 (906 Views)

Re: Slobs/Filth Dwellers still get Uncomfortable in Filthy homes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just for anybody reading this, I managed to fix it myself. It's two lines of code in the buff_Dust_State_Filthy tuning that are incorrectly set to check if Sims aren't pets OR they have those traits, when it should be an AND test. It should look like this:

<L n="tests_set">
      <L>
        <V t="sim_info">
          <U n="sim_info">
            <V n="species" t="specified">
              <U n="specified">
                <L n="species">
                  <E>HUMAN</E>
                </L>
              </U>
            </V>
          </U>
        </V>
        <V t="trait">
          <U n="trait">
            <L n="blacklist_traits">
              <T>16860<!--trait_Slob--></T>
              <T>256785<!--trait_FilthDweller--></T>

Message 3 of 4 (832 Views)

Re: [BDK] Filth Dwellers don't loathe cleaning/gain happy moodlets

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also managed now to have one of my houses become filthy as well as complete the Fabulously Filthy aspiration and was pretty bummed out to see that my Sim STILL get uncomfortable while living in the filthy house. Frown

Message 4 of 4 (723 Views)