Skill Books Not Working or...

by khynnea

Original Post

Re: Skill Books Not Working or...

[ Edited ]
Hero

No idea how they work. I never use skill books.

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: That's what the prima guide says: https://twitter.com/AussiePlumbob/status/509222735076020225

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Novice

From my experience with the skill books so far, whqat the OP was going through was not a bug. The first skill book is from 1-4  and can be re-read for additional skill points. Reading the second skill book at skill level 3 would only result in giving a sim a tense moodlet for not being able to understand the material yet. After achieveing level 5 in a skill reading the first skill book would result in giving a sim a bored moodlet.

Message 12 of 19 (1,065 Views)

Hero

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (1,062 Views)

★ Guide

I understand that reading an advanced book at too low a level will give a confused moodlet. I was likely not noticing it before.

However, I'm observing seeing no skill bar / advancement when say level 1-3 and reading the first book. 

I just tried to read book 3 of fitness at skill 9 and got nothing but bored. 

I have read book 1 of logic at level 3 and had no skill bar. 

I consistently use the skills to skill up but sometimes when bored as a player to switch it up I like to read rather than do something else infinitely and the books are not all working consistently or granting skill experience consistently. 

I still haven't figured out the 'recipe' books; no recipes learned from them, just got bored, did get skill up reading a cooking one on another sim at a lower level but no apparent recipes learned.

I also seem to have 'lost' the garden salad recipe along the way, unless it's time of day sensitive, but none of the other recipes seem to be.

Message 14 of 19 (1,057 Views)

Hero

I'm not sure either, sorry. Did you make a thread about this in the official forums to discuss with others that have played more ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (1,055 Views)

Hero

@khynnea Did you ever figure this one out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (962 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I figured it out you guys. Once you've read the first book to say "reread" instead of read you have to go and practice that action until your skill goes up. I had this problem with the rocket science skill book 2 and I left the book on the table and went to continue building the ship for a while and when I went back to try and read book 2 again it said "reread" instead of read.
Message 17 of 19 (904 Views)

★ Novice

Ahhhhh thank you sooooooooooo much. i was really confused when it came to which level went with which <3

Message 18 of 19 (573 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kenzie1817 great to see that the info here helped, as this thread is so old I will be locking it.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 19 of 19 (560 Views)