Re: Sith Raid launched with join period when it wasn't turned on.

by Kallath75

Original Post

Sith Raid launched with join period when it wasn't turned on.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy Sky Android Phone
OS Version 6.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 443-853-641
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug When launching the Sith Triumvrate Raid tier 5, a join period of 1 day occurred despite the join period not being turned on. It had been used on our prior raid, which was the Heroic (tier 7) version, but had also been turned off on that tier after the raid was launched, so should not still be checked on any tier.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can only assume that launching a heroic raid with the join period, un-checking the join period before the raid finishes, and then attempting to start the raid on the lower tier (or 5 specifically) would be how. It has so far only happened the once, so this is all that I know about how it happened.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

When launching the Sith Triumvrate Raid tier 5, a join period of 1 day occurred despite the join period not being turned on. It had been used on our prior raid, which was the Heroic (tier 7) version, but had also been turned off on that tier after the raid was launched, so should not still be checked on any tier. Attached are screenshots of the raid with the join period but the join period not being checked - though since I can't view the other tiers after starting one, I unfortunately can't show that it is turned off on the others.

Screenshot_20180716-062735[1].png
Screenshot_20180716-062741[1].png
Message 1 of 19 (1,165 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Zevox87 and thank you for the report.

We have not received any other reports of this to happen. Can you please ensure the feature is turned off and report back if it happens again? Thank you!

Message 2 of 19 (1,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having finished the raid and getting the chance to check, I have found that the join period was still set on Heroic. I would have sworn I had turned it off after that raid began, but so be it, at least it's an explanation.

It still strikes me that this is a bit of a bug though, if the setting applies universally in any tier but displays individually. It really should be one or the other - displays the same no matter which tier you look at, or only applies to each tier individually and separately. As it stands it's an inconsistency with the potential to cause minor problems such as we encountered in this case.

Message 3 of 19 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My guild is experiencing the same problem

Message 4 of 19 (1,030 Views)

★★ Novice

This just happened to us.  it is ridiculous.  Why the heck would it look at the join period setting from a tier you are not launching?  This needs to be fixed and our raid needs to be mad right.

Message 5 of 19 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Novice

Our guild had the same thing happen for the first time last night.  This is apparently STILL a bug.  

We launched HSTR with no join period, and instead it came with a 24-hour join.  We typically run tier 6 raids mid-week with a join period, but have friends from a sister guild come help for heroic tier once a week.  We do NOT have a join period set for Heroic.

This basically causes a loss of 110k tickets to our guild, since the mercs had to get back to their home guild for a TW before the join period would expire.

Message 6 of 19 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand Please see my post above.  This is definitely still happening to other guilds.  It appears to happen when a join period is set for other tiers, then launching a tier that doesn't have one.

Message 7 of 19 (972 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Kallath75 and thank you for the update.

If you are launching the same raid on a different difficulty, please make sure to check the raid settings before launching it to prevent this from happening.

Message 8 of 19 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand You misunderstand the issue.  I have confirmed the settings for the HEROIC raid as follows:

1) Launch time:  Auto-Launch disabled.

2) Join period:  No join period selected.

However, the raid launches with a 24-hour join period.  For some reason, it applied the join period from a DIFFERENT difficulty tier (T6, in my case) to the HEROIC tier I launched.  This is a bug, as the settings were checked, and are visible even AFTER the raid is launched. 

The problem is, we don't WANT a join period for the heroic.  We set a join period for T6 so all members could get registered before we killed it.  The wrong set of settings is being applied when we launch a heroic.  

Message 9 of 19 (948 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Kallath75m,

So you did check and confirm the settings before going into the Heroic Sith Raid?

Message 10 of 19 (942 Views)