Re: Since Patch: Multiple Gardening and Herbalism Errors

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Since Patch: Multiple Gardening and Herbalism Errors

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Granite Falls harvesting: Have Sim visit Granite Falls on vacation; wait for plants to spawn, mature... 2. Have Sim prepare an herbal remedy on the stove.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. Gardening: Virtually every time. I had the Sim stay in Granite Falls several days so plants could spawn and mature; some were selectable (all appropriately in season)/harvestable; others not. While typing, I believe I remember this issue being persistent in the regular worlds and will go back to check. 2. Herbalism: Have Sim prepare herbal remedy on stove; with pot active (not yet converted to jar), Sim teleports to nearby grill to immediately complete and consume the remedy without prompting to consume. 2(b): Hermit leaves remedies unattended on stove (tested on hermit cabin stove as well as another cabin stove); direct Sim to complete the remedy, Sim teleports as above.
What do you expect to see? 1. Gardening - I expect twinkling plants to have some kind of available interaction beyond "View" 2. Herbalism - remedies should be completed on the same device and not immediately consumed upon completion
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent Patch installed. All mods removed before Patch and not reinstalled at the time of these errors.

. Gardening: Virtually every time. I had the Sim stay in Granite Falls several days so plants could spawn and mature; some were selectable (all appropriately in season)/harvestable; others not. While typing, I believe I remember this issue being persistent in the regular worlds and will go back to check. 2. Herbalism: Have Sim prepare herbal remedy on stove; with pot active (not yet converted to jar), Sim teleports to nearby grill to immediately complete and consume the remedy without prompting to consume. 2(b): Hermit leaves remedies unattended on stove (tested on hermit cabin stove as well as another cabin stove); direct Sim to complete the remedy, Sim teleports as above. 
What do you expect to see? 1. Gardening - I expect twinkling plants to have some kind of available interaction beyond "View" 2. Herbalism - remedies should be completed on the same device and not immediately consumed upon completion
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent Patch installed. All mods removed before Patch and not reinstalled at the time of these errors.

Message 1 of 4 (638 Views)

★★★ Guide

They fixed all the major gardening & herbalism problems late 2019 early 2020 and now with the release of Eco Lifestyle all things gardening and now trash is broken. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly.

Also check out this bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/td-... 

Message 2 of 4 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing with the herbalism. On top of another problem (autonomous De-Stressing decoctions everywhere), they also go from grill to stove or vice-versa, and will sometimes drink it right away without my input.

Message 3 of 4 (573 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Wndblwz

You've mentioned a few different things going on there. There might already be an active bug report thread opened on any one of these that's being tracked. You can locate those by checking the "Compiled list of reported issues", as well as using the search function . If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing, please go ahead and create a new bug report per each individual bug. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant info.

I'll lock this thread in the meantime so as not to split up the information from those dedicated bug reports. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (546 Views)