Simultaneously having healing item wheel up, then ping wheel displays error code

by madraven369

Original Post

Simultaneously having healing item wheel up, then ping wheel displays error code

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number ZOTAC AMP 1080 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? madraven369
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. healing item wheel, then with it still up, bring up ping wheel
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. attempting to pick a healing item, then accidentally bringing up the ping wheel.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.02.19 09:20 PST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Match ends and an error occurs, doesn't crash game or PC. Didn't screenshot all the log but it has something to do with like "7, can't do a command more than 5" or something very similar. Those numbers are correct though.
What should be happening instead? Not have an error
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try bringing up the healing item wheel and then bring up the ping wheel. Might error code for ya'll.

It may work on the default controls, but I have a Logitech G602 mouse with the mouse buttons mapped as keyboard numbers 1-8. I have number 7 mapped as healing item and 6 as the ping button. Whenever the healing item wheel is up, and you bring the ping wheel up (unintentionally), it disconnects from the server and quits the match displaying the error code. I've managed to reproduce the issue on purpose multiple times to determine that is the issue. The G602s mouse buttons are too close to each other for simultaneous presses/hold downs, so that's how it has happened to me multiple times. Works good for single presses, but beyond that it's a bother.

Message 1 of 1 (82 Views)