Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims won't use batroom sink

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Journey To Batuu, Blooming Rooms Kit and Grim Reaper's Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim go and pee like usual on the toilet. Then they'll go and wash their hands, but they won't use the bathroom sink.
What happens when the bug occurs? They just stand confused as if there's something in the way, even though the sink is right in front of them.
What do you expect to see? I expect all the sims in the household to use the bathroom sink and not far away sinks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it appeared after the latest game update (1.86.166.1030) since I haven't had such issues with this particular bathroom sink before or in general.

Attached is a screenshot of what happens when the bug occurs: 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 22 (3,640 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't use batroom sink

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We would like to collect more affected save files (that haven't been modded).  Videos/screenshots would also be helpful.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here: 

http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 21 of 22 (2,148 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Marieshjoerne Do you have anything above the sink ? Does it happen with other sinks ? Do they use the sink if you direct them to use it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (3,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictThere's nothing above the sink, except a mirror on the wall. And no, it doesn't happen with other sinks, and it happens randomly with a random Sim. Sometimes it works when I direct them to use the sink but not always.

Message 3 of 22 (3,613 Views)

Hero
@Marieshjoerne Could you try moving stuff around a bit ? Maybe delete everything in the room and re-build it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (3,591 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tried to move everything around, and it worked for a while. But when I tried to do it with a different Sim it stopped working. The Sim just stands there with her hand above her head as if she can't reach the sink even though she's done it many times before. I have no idea what's causing this bug.
Message 5 of 22 (3,574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A screenshot of the rebuilded bathroom and different Sim 

Message 6 of 22 (3,573 Views)

Hero
@Marieshjoerne Could you upload your house to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (3,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictDone! The house is just named 'Family Home'.
But somehow there always seems to be somthing about the bathroom sink downstairs, no matter how many times I re-build the bathroom or relocate the items.

Message 8 of 22 (3,490 Views)

Hero
@Marieshjoerne I'll see if someone can check the house. Bit sick myself today

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (3,453 Views)

Hero
@Marieshjoerne Two friends tested the lot for me and they couldn't repro with just the house

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (3,409 Views)