Sims won't perform actions/get stuck mid-action/action in queue

by livin4it

Original Post

Sims won't perform actions/get stuck mid-action/action in queue

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Limited Edition, The Sims 4 Tiny Living, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Seasons, The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 Parenthood, The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen, The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Through general gameplay, nothing specific seemed to have triggered it. I just moved in my household and edited the apartment after recently installing The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle, and The Sims 4 Moschino.
What happens when the bug occurs? Each Sim in the household will not perform an action I have added to the queue or the Sim will position himself/herself to begin the action but will get stuck mid-action. I can occasionally cancel the action from the queue but not always. For example, a Sim will interact with a violin - she will pick up the violin and put it up to her chin/neck but will turn her head and freeze; another Sim will interact with a mirror to practice the charisma skill and not actually perform the action; I will ask another Sim to Join a Career on his phone and he will pull out his phone and endlessly type on the phone but no menu will pop up.
What do you expect to see? The Sim fulfilling the action I added to the queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just moved the household in to an apartment in the City Living neighborhood. I previously had a Sim in the Cats and Dogs neighborhood  that had to be reset regularly because she would not perform actions (that was prior to installing City Living, Moschino, and Eco Lifestyle but I think it may have been after the most recent patch on 1/21/21.

Message 1 of 1 (348 Views)