by koosamonkey

Original Post

Sims can't get leftovers in fridge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons and University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose the get leftovers option with any fridge or click on the food bar for the sims so they autofill the food requirement.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you try to get leftovers in any of the fridges, the sims just walk in front of the fridge, and make the motion to open the door but nothing happens. After that the prompt disappears. If the sims autonomously try to get leftovers the same things happen and they just keep trying.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to get the leftovers out of the fridge and satisfy their hunger.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, I can't figure out how to report a bug or ask for help since every time I try to it sends me to these forums. I have come across other people experiencing this issue in 2020 but I don't see a solution I can try.

My sims don't eat leftovers in the fridge. If I make food and put it in the fridge, it's basically going to go to waste and if I leave it out it gets spoiled. They do eat quick meals but it's not a good long-term solution. My sims family also has toddlers who can't cook so it's also not feasible to cook every time someone wants to eat. 

I tried changing my fridge location and I bought a different fridge but nothing seems to work. 

Is there a way for me to report this issue and get it solved? 

Thanks for your time, and any suggestions are much appreciated. 

Edit By Crinrict: No changes, just fixed template.

Message 2 of 6 (2,773 Views)

Sims won't get or eat leftovers

★★★★ Novice

Ps4 - my sims suddenly stopped being able to "get leftovers" . Even when I manually open the fridge and put the food on the table they won't grab a serving. I tried replacing the fridge, throwing out food, restarted the game but nothing has worked. They will only eat freshly made food.

Message 1 of 6 (2,394 Views)

Re: Sims can't get leftovers in fridge

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

If you still aren't prompted, please include this form + answers in your post

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (2,758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is currently happening in my game. Really want to fix this, very annoying that they will only eat freshly made food.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Message 4 of 6 (2,062 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I just fixed it throwing the old food away in the trash. Once I threw, and I put new fresh food then there was no problem. I hope it helps!

Message 5 of 6 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me!! Thank you 🙏🏻

Message 6 of 6 (978 Views)