Re: Sims won't eat meal they just cooked

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims won't eat meal they just cooked

★★★★ Novice

Issue

Tried to find out if anyone else had this issue, but kept getting results for Sims not cooking. Mine cook, they just stand around and not eat. Raised eyebrow

Steps you took for Issue to occur

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason; in the latest instance two Sims made a meal, took their plate, and went to eat. The third Sim stood there once done and did nothing. I ended up telling him to eat, but I've had other Sims I didn't catch just go do something else after awhile. It doesn't happen all the time but often enough to be noticeable and annoying.

Picture

https://youtu.be/bbVvyMcVoA0

Mods/CC

No

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Everything except Spooky, Romantic Garden and Movie.

Operating system

Windows 10

Message 1 of 6 (10,497 Views)

Hero

But they were able to eat just fine when you directed them to do so, right ? they just didn't do it on their own after cooking ?

Did they both have low hunger bar ? The one in the video seems to but since there's not GUI, it's hard to tell.

Mine do that too though but not just with cooking/eating. They just forget what was in their queue.

Do you have this issue only with cooking/eating ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (10,491 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But they were able to eat just fine when you directed them to do so, right ? they just didn't do it on their own after cooking ?

Yes, if I direct them to eat they will do so.

Did they both have low hunger bar ? The one in the video seems to but since there's not GUI, it's hard to tell.

I'm going to watch for that, actually, and see if that is the pattern. I've noticed it when their bars are yellow, too, but I never paid too much attention to how low in the yellow they were.

Mine do that too though but not just with cooking/eating. They just forget what was in their queue.

Do you have this issue only with cooking/eating ?

I've seen that too, where Sims just drop an action for whatever reason and do something else. But in this case (I'll try and capture GUI next time) the eating action never pops up in their queue, otherwise I'd chop it up to the usual forgetful Sims. They just go through all the normal cooking behaviors and then just ignore the food until I make them eat.

I am curious if it's related to their hunger need, so I'll try to replicate with starving and not-so-hungry Sims.

Message 3 of 6 (10,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I was able to capture it again, this time with hunger in the yellow. I'll probably keep a look out for green bar Sims. When uploading the vid, I noticed the eat action does queue up, it just disappears as soon as it does so (I slowed it down to catch it...Sims sound like angry cows at that speed). 

I'm used to actions being cancelled/dropped because the Sim decided to do something else or there's something/someone blocking their path. Or another Sims stealing the food. But there's nothing in this guy's way, and he takes awhile to find something else to do. It's a minor issue to be sure, but it still bugs me.

Message 4 of 6 (10,474 Views)

★ Novice

The same is happening to my sims. I have to keep an eye on them, because when they are hungry they keep cooking several different things but dont eat.

Message 5 of 6 (6,349 Views)

Hero
@NittaSawa This thread is a bit old and doesn't use the template

There's a more current thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Excessive-autonomous-food-preparation/td-p/9724949

Please post there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (6,304 Views)