by SezDogan

Original Post

Sims won't do anything

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 0
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask sim to perform tasks/do things.
What happens when the bug occurs? The previous command gets stuck and all other commands after that disappear. The Sim stands there doing nothing, but hunger,hygiene etc goes down
What do you expect to see? The sim to have a shower if I ask it to have a shower, or cook if I ask it to cook.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It only goes back to normal if I save and reload the game, but It happens everytime and it's annoying to keep on having to reload the game.

Message 1 of 13 (1,096 Views)

Sims standing there instead of following commands

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs,City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims are not responding to commands and laying in bed but not sleeping.
What happens when the bug occurs? When given a command the sims often stand there and never perform the command. I have to reset them and sometimes the problem just continues. It occurs a lot at bedtime in which they will not lay down and after I reset them a bunch of times and they finally do lay down they do not sleep and their energy doesn't go up and time doesn't speed up.
What do you expect to see? I expect when I give a command to grab a plate of food I expect them to grab a plate sit down and eat. If I tell them to go to bed I expect them to change into sleepwear and get into bed and the time to speed up and their energy level to increase.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have not attachments 

Message 2 of 13 (1,085 Views)

Re: Sims won't do anything. I bought the game 2 days ago.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SezDogan @nyprivott  

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

What house are you playing ? Do you see similar if you try a different one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (1,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Crin, 

Thank you so much for replying!

I've attached my compters DXDiag.

When you ask which house I'm playing, what do you mean, my apologies, I'm a little rusty on Sims! 

Kindest, 

Sez

Message 4 of 13 (1,013 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SezDogan What's the name of the lot ?

What graphics settings are you playing on ? Low ?

Your computer is a bit low in specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Graphics setting was on the highest. Is it worth putting it to medium and laptop mode?

Name of the lot is Willow Creek

Kindest,

Sez

Message 6 of 13 (976 Views)

Hero
@SezDogan Yes, please try putting on medium low and laptop

Willow creek is the neighborhood. The lot is where your Sim lives. There's a few like the Goth house that have known issues with using the bathroom.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (968 Views)

Re: Sims won't do anything

★★★ Newbie

Have you found a solution as mine does this too...

Message 8 of 13 (875 Views)

Re: Sims won't do anything

Hero
@Moolasoup Please also provide the infos asked above. Also are you playing with mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (873 Views)

★ Novice

How do I find my DxDiag if I'm on a Mac?

I am having the same issue in the Breitchester world with my sim who lives in the Darkwing university house. I have no mods installed, but do have all current expansion packs, all game packs minus vampires, and a couple of stuff packs. I haven't tried a different one yet, but will do so and have an answer when you respond how to share my other info with you!

Message 10 of 13 (779 Views)