Re: Sims won't do anything

by IrisuChan

Original Post

Re: Sims won't do anything. I bought the game 2 days ago.

Hero
@nkelliher YOu might wanna post in the mac forum for best troubleshooting help: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 13 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I also have this issue, but it seems to happen more in specific neighborhoods or lots. For example a friend calls and wants to come over. You answer sure, but they never show up. The sim just stays where they are, and don't do anything not even if you give them a task. If they are stuck and need to go to work, they won't do that either. Meanwhile, the motives go down. You don't always see it immediately: sometimes the motives appear green, but they are actually red. For example today I saw hunger was at the point where it would be red (the bar was very low) but the colour was bright green! Sorry that I have no screenshot of it...

So to try to snap out of this stuck/freezing stage, I tried pausing the game. Right then, all other actions you asked the sims to do (which they haven't done) appear in the action queue and immediately disappear. After that, the speed buttons 1-2-3 and pause won't work. Sometimes when I alt-tabbed to my desktop, the sim would snap out of it.

When this "stuck/freezing" happens, sometimes the sim is just standing and looking around, blinking the eyes etc. But sometimes the sim gets totally stuck, like they won't move at all. I've noticed the issue most in Brindleton Bay and recently in the lot Dachshund Creek. I have no CC or mods. The only way to solve this issue is to go back to main menu and reload your save.

Message 12 of 13 (278 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@IrisuChan Mine is doing exactly the same. I saved and exit and even went to the main menu as you said but my sim doesn't want to do anything.
Message 13 of 13 (217 Views)