by Scripted_Events

Original Post

[OPEN] Jealous trait: Getting upset when partner interacts with their children

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70 etc
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim with the jealous trait and give them a partner and have children with them, then have the spouse interact with their children, the sim with the jealous trait will get angry their spouse is interacting with their own children.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with jealous trait gets jealous when their spouse is interacting with their children.
What do you expect to see? Idk if this is by design, but interactions with their children shouldn’t upset the sim with a jealous trait, that’s a little ridiculous imo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has always really bothered me when this happens and I’ve never seen anyone else bring up the issue. Like I said, I don’t know if it’s by design, but I’d prefer a sim with the jealous trait not to be upset by the fact that their spouse/partner is interacting with their own children. I’ve been playing the game for over 3 years now and this has always been a thing. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 5 (1,668 Views)

Jealous Trait Triggered around Infants

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English

What is your current game version number? 1.103.315.1220
How often does the bug occur? Often 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Pack, Romantic Garden Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with the jealous trait see their spouse taking care of their infant.
What happens when the bug occurs? The jealous sim, upon seeing their spouse interact with their child, will have the jealous pangs reaction until the spouse puts the infant down. The jealous sim will develop the fear of being cheated on.
What do you expect to see? The jealous sim not reacting at all? I will have to test with other child age groups.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Only MC Command Center, UI Cheats (weerbesu), and TOOL (TwistedMexi)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure.

Message 2 of 5 (928 Views)

Re: Jealous Trait Triggered around Infants

Hero
@astralle Could you please test without mods/cc installed if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Crin!

I tried this again in a new save with no mods or CC. I got the fear triggered within less than a minute of gameplay where the non-Jealous parent interacted with the infant for a few social interactions (I'd say 3-4).

For control, when I aged up the infant, I had the couple interact after every 3 interactions the non-Jealous parent had with the toddler. Additionally, I locked the family in a room with no objects other than the ones used to take care of the child/survive so the Jealous parent could always watch. With the toddler, the reaction and fear also triggered, however, it took much longer (around half a Sim day). 

Interestingly, when the toddler aged up into a child, no reaction or fear was triggered, despite for a whole day the non-Jealous Sim played dolls with the child.

I get that for Jealous Sims, the Jealous Pangs moodlet and reaction are "not always reasonable" (as per moodlet description) but it's still weird that Sims fear their spouse cheating on them when they hang out with their kids.

Message 4 of 5 (825 Views)

Hero
@astralle Thank you for testing without mods.

I've merged your post with an older thread on jealousy towards children. They don't talk about fears but it's possible that the report is from before fears were introduced (can't remember when that was).

Sounds like the same base bug though :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (799 Views)