Re: Sims with high cooking is sneezing & flaming pots

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims with high cooking is sneezing & flaming pots

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP except DU & EL; All GP except RoM, Vamp, Batuu; Many SPs except Knitting, Tiny Living, HotTub, spooky etc. See image below
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with high cooking level, even maxed cook a meal single or group.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim behaves like they are at level 1 or 2 cooking - the pan catches fire, they sneeze in the food, and drop things in the food.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims with high cooking level to cook professionally without sneezing in the food, catching fire or making other rookie mistakes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

SimPacks.png

I've noticed this issue this summer. I guess after the big patches this summer which seems to revert everything to an earlier state.

The sim behaves like a rookie cook, however the food isn't burned and the house doesn't catch fire, and the food quality is commiserate with the level cooking the sim is at.

SimCook.png

Message 1 of 4 (563 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@troshalom I'm unable to duplicate this issue. Works fine with me.

Do you have this issue only with one particular Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (508 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Hi no, I've noticed it with a few different sims in a couple of saves I play. I always have any new sims I create from young adult to Elder start with at least level 3 cooking. So most of my sims in those life stages have at least level 6 cooking. I have had a sim who has finished the cooking aspiration slam the spoon in the pot to the stove like they just learned how to cook.
Message 3 of 4 (494 Views)

Hero
@troshalom and you still see this after yesterday's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (476 Views)