Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims with opposite frame/male filter only have few nail options

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1,84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons,Vampires,Spa day,nifty knitting,cool kitchen stuff , spooky stuff,bowling night stuff, movie hangout stuff, fitness suff, lundry day stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into cas and create a female or male sim and give them the opposite fram go to the nails and you'll see that you can't see any nails
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't see nails or give them to my sim
What do you expect to see? I can't see the nails with my frame costemized sim I shouls see the nails and be able to make my sim wear them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just wanted to say that I now also own Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Island Living, High School years ( I also pre-odered Growing Together), Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Real of magic, Romantic garden stuff, Backyard stuff, Vintage Glamour stuff, Toddler stuff, My first pet stuff Tiny living stuff and paranormal stuff packs. I also have Throwback fit kit, bust the dust kit, Modern Menswear kit, Carnaval streetwear kit, Moon light chic kit and desert Luxe kit  

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 43 (8,946 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [W] [MWS] [CSW] [SD] Nails form Basegame and many packs arent tagged as male

EA Sims Team

Hello.

It turns out this issue is still being worked on and was added to yesterday's patch notes by mistake.

Apologies.

View in thread

Message 39 of 43 (5,155 Views)

All Replies

No nails for Sims with opposite Physical Frame

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but Batuu and some kits (Oasis Courtyard, Industrial Loft, Blooming Plants)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up Create a Sim and under gender preferences, change the frame to the opposite. I.e. Female with masculine frame or Male with feminine frame.
What happens when the bug occurs? No options for nails appear when changing a Sim's frame to the opposite of their gender/sex. The only nail options that appear are from the Carnaval kit. Those from base game and Spa Day are missing. Under fashion choice I tried both options and neither, still no nails but the Carnaval ones.
What do you expect to see? The Nails be added so all types of Sims can be fabulous .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I disabled custom content / mods, closed down the game, removed everything from my mods folder, and reloaded the game.

Nothing more to say.

Message 2 of 43 (8,901 Views)

Re: No nails for Sims with opposite Physical Frame

★★★ Guide
@fableSimmer Since I don't have the Carnaval kit, do those nails cause clipping/alignment problems to opposite framed sims?

I'm thinking that the Sims team mistakenly removed the base game and Spa Day nails just to try and fix the issue.
Message 3 of 43 (8,856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Kametisu When switching the frame, there is some issues with the nails. They look wonky whether it's a female with masculine frame or male with feminine frame. Parts of the nails look chipped or missing.
Message 4 of 43 (8,807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@fableSimmerWow, that's disappointing. You'd think the Sims team would at least consider the issues other players had with opposite framed sims' nail alignment/clipping while creating the nails for the Carnaval kit.

Message 5 of 43 (8,801 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Kametisu Yeah I've been sharing my findings on Sims twitter recently, been spending a lot of time in CAS so I've found some issues with a hair, two eyebrows, and this so far lol.
Message 6 of 43 (8,799 Views)

Fingernails do not work on masculine framed female sims or feminine framed male

★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs Game Packs: dream home decorator, vampires, spa day Stuff Packs: nifty knitting, tiny living, laundry day, perfect patio No Kits Both of the “Free Stuff” packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into cas, take a female Sim and give them a masculine frame, go to accessories, click on fingernails and you will see that there are no options
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no fingernail options for masculine framed female sims; there are toenail options, however. I wanted to give my trans-masc sim the trans coloured nails but they were not an option for him since he was a female sim with a masculine frame
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to give any SIM any type of nails regardless of their gender or frame
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

image.jpg

Message 7 of 43 (8,738 Views)

Re: Fingernails do not work on masculine framed female sims or feminine framed m

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

You don't even have to give a female sim a masculine frame to make this happen. Try putting on a masculine fullbody outfit - such as the Incheon coat - it makes the nails all messed up. Also THIS happened to poor Jade Rosa today 1st upload is a regular ss of her wearing a female outfit (still weird finger glitches)

This ALSO happens with male tops.

2nd ss is of Jade in a male fullbody outfit - I made the nails bright to help you see the issue.

Message 8 of 43 (8,679 Views)

Male sim can't wear nail polish

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat Tiny Living Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff All free content No kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to add nail polish to a masc sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Nail polish options do not appear
What do you expect to see? Nail polish options for my sim

I try going to the fingernail section in accessories and the options don't appear. It works on female sims but not on male ones

Message 9 of 43 (8,524 Views)

Missing Nail Polish for Male Sims with Feminine Frames

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open CAS and create a male sim with feminine frame.
What happens when the bug occurs? When opening the fingernail polish option, only the nail polish from the Wedding and Carnivale packs are visible. This does not happen with sims who are male with a masculine frame.
What do you expect to see? The nail polish from the base game and spa day should be visible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch

Can't apply nail polish to my transmasculine sims in CAS

Message 10 of 43 (3,156 Views)