by KittyCoSim

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims with active Colour Preferences disliking Yellow

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Get Famous, Strangerville, Eco Living, Journey to Batuu, and Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household for a period of time with Sims that has a positive colour preference.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with a positive preference for a colour will eventually dislike the colour yellow.
What do you expect to see? No automatically disliking yellow.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It’s been happening since the introduction of preferences in patch 1.75.125.1030.

I’ve noticed the dislike of yellow occurring across many saves but it seems to only happen to those Sims that already likes a different colour, no other colours are affected by this. I would prefer not to have everyone in my saves with an existing colour preference disliking yellow if they don’t already like it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,553 Views)

Re: Sims with active Colour Preferences disliking Yellow

★★★★ Pro
@KittyCoSim This has happened for me too, but only once. I had one household where a sim liked the colour red, and after playing in another household for a while the sim who liked red had acquired the dislike for yellow when I came back to his household.
Message 2 of 5 (1,478 Views)

★ Pro

I just found out why this is happening: randomWeightedLoot_SimPreference_Color (used when greeting others) is missing the TargetSim tag for trait_SimPreference_Dislikes_Color_Yellow

Message 3 of 5 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@kusurusu Thank you for this. Hopefully they will fix it eventually, but for now I have created a tiny mod for myself to fix the issue after your reply. No more worries until they get to it.
Message 4 of 5 (1,203 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,127 Views)