Re: Sims who dislike Cooking cannot autonomously grab a quick meal from a fridge

by ChapelParalysis

Original Post

[OPEN] Sims disliking Cooking can't autonomously grab a quick meal from a fridge

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, tiny living, university, island living, get famous, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, seasons, spooky, get together, laundry day, Get to Work, city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a Sim a dislike for Cooking and wait until they are hungry. While the patch notes say that the Sim should be able to “grab a quick meal”, they don’t do it autonomously from the fridge. They will, however, autonomously “grab a quick meal” from the coolers that are included with Outdoor Retreat.
What happens when the bug occurs? If no other food is available, a Sim with a dislike for Cooking will starve to death instead of grabbing a quick meal from the fridge. Sims who dislike Cooking can autonomously “grab a quick meal” from a cooler, however, so this problem seems to be exclusive to the fridges.
What do you expect to see? Sims who dislike Cooking should be able to “grab a quick meal” autonomously from the fridge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This occurred after patch 1.75.125.1030.

I can attach a video of this problem occurring if you are not easily able to replicate the problem yourself.

I have already ensured all tested Sims and kitchens had no paths blocked. I also tried deleting and replacing the fridge that had been placed before the patch, as well as building a test kitchen on a brand new lot. I have tested every base game fridge.

I also tested this with coolers. Sims who dislike cooking CAN grab a quick meal from a cooler.

The dislike feature seems to function normally when instructing a Sim who dislikes Cooking to cook - they always successfully cook the meal and get the negative buff! (I’m not sure if disliking cooking results in more likelihood of a burned meal but it doesn’t seem to.)

edited to also add I can confirm this issue isn’t exclusive to console, I only discovered it because I was trying to help a user who is on PC.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 8 (1,303 Views)

Re: Sims who dislike Cooking cannot autonomously grab a quick meal from a fridge

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ChapelParalysis Do Sims that like/indifferent to cooking ever get one on their own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,259 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks for your prompt response!

Yes, I’ve just checked to confirm this.

When I removed the “dislikes cooking” trait from the test Sim, his first reaction was to make a garden salad from the fridge. When I cancelled that action, he immediately grabbed a bowl of peas (quick meal) from the fridge.

I then added the “likes cooking” preference to the same Sim, and he began to make Mac and Cheese. I cancelled the action, and he grabbed a bowl of cereal (quick meal) from the fridge.

I also quickly checked this out in another active household and they were also able to grab a quick meal from the fridge until I added the “dislikes cooking” preference. I am able to duplicate this problem with every Sim and fridge I’ve tested.
Message 3 of 8 (1,243 Views)

Hero
@ChapelParalysis Thanks for the thorough testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,224 Views)

Sims with “dislike cooking” do not autonomously fulfill their hunger

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Most game packs not many stuff packs i
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give a sim the “dislike cooking” preference and then either don’t control them and allow them to get their hunger all the way down to death or try to press the auto solve hunger button
What happens when the bug occurs? If you aren’t playing them, they will be hungry and just die of starvation unless someone else in the house cooks and have food out. If you click the auto solve button, Sims will walk a few steps, wave their hand a a thought bubble with a knife and fork will appear and they claim they can’t fix something to eat.
What do you expect to see? Even though the sim dislikes cooking,they should still grab a quick meal to eat instead of starve to death if not being told to get food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent patch update from May 27,2021

I realize that Sims who dislike cooking will not autonomously cook, but prefers to grab quick meals. The sim will either die before eating if they aren’t controlled and if I try to auto solve it, they act like something is blocking their way, even do the “I’m being blocked” animation. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,195 Views)

Re: Sims with “dislike cooking” do not autonomously fulfill their hunger

★★★★ Guide

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-who-dislike-Cooking-cannot-autonomously-grab-a-quick-meal...

Interestingly they can grab a quick meal from a cooler but not a fridge!

Message 6 of 8 (1,173 Views)

Re: Sims with “dislike cooking” do not autonomously fulfill their hunger

Hero
@scorpiosunx I merged your post with existing thread. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,157 Views)

Sims Who Dislike Cooking Can't Autosolve Hunger Motive

★★★★ Pro

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Dream Home Decorator, My First Pet Stuff, and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who dislikes cooking. Own a fridge. DO NOT have the Simple Life Lot Challenge (because it disables quick meals).
What happens when the bug occurs? If I click on the autosolve button for the hunger motive the sim does the "I can't reach this object" waving and thinks of a knife and fork. If I remove the dislike for cooking the sim has no problem grabbing a quick meal when I click to autosolve hunger.
What do you expect to see? That sims who dislike cooking grabs quick meals when clicking autosolve hunger.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried with different fridges, both tall ones and short ones. I tried both with and without kitchen counters in the house. The only thing that makes it possible to autosolve hunger is to not have a dislike for cooking. I don't think quick meals should count as cooking, especially since if I tell my sim to grab a quick meal they don't get any buffs about disliking cooking.

Message 8 of 8 (964 Views)