by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims who Dislike Mischief Autonomously do Mischief

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.38.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who dislikes mischief. Have autonomy on.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim who dislikes mischief will still autonomously do mischief.
What do you expect to see? A sim who dislikes mischief to not do mischief actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See above.

Aliens also still mind wipe their loved ones when they dislike mischief. 

The Sims™ 4_20211106084600.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 35 (8,934 Views)

Re: Sims who Dislike Mischief Autonomously do Mischief

★★★ Novice

Same with dancing. It is just painful to watch. A mischief interaction is at least short. I have played with a household where the music was almost always on, and one of the sims disliked dancing. As you might guess, every minute that I was not playing him he would rush to the radio and engage in dancing, growling in anger, his fun dropping rapidly. I hope it gets fixed.

Message 2 of 35 (8,845 Views)

Re: Sims who Dislike Mischief Autonomously do Mischief

Hero
@opa_kroshka Please make a separate thread for dancing. EA needs a thread per interaction they do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (8,842 Views)

Auto-Task Bug (Sim Computer Related)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Dream Designer and Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Random. Full Free Will
What happens when the bug occurs? Will auto Troll The Forums despite hating Mischief
What do you expect to see? NOT auto Troll The Forums when hating a specific skill. In this case, Mischief.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Being burned out of micro-managing my Sims--which I did often in Sims 3--I like to give my Sims free reign with me only intervening if someone is stuck due to a glitch or routing error or choosing to travel somewhere. Basically anything outside my Sims "control" and picking their traits, likes and dislikes. Especially since the whole mood system is severely broken. I've found that they like or dislike activities based on their mood at the time of doing them. So if you let a Sim's bladder tank while painting, they're going to hate painting.

My Sim is a snobbish Sim who has little time and patience for Mischief. You know, one of those stereotypical old guy that keeps shouting at kids to get off his lawn. Anyway, he seems to be obsessed with the computer. Specifically Trolling the Forums. I don't mind him auto-using the computer to browse web, practice writing, or whatever. But he shouldn't being Trolling the Forums. It's like seeing a lazy slob Sim obsessively cleaning the house. Or someone who hates fitness obsessively doing fitness related things.

I'm not expecting an immediate fix. It's EA after all and I have zero faith or confidence in them with just about everything at this point. Just an annoyance that I have to play babysitter to certain objects and to put it on record..And what's a pity, I'll probably have to find a Mod for it. And I shouldn't for a AAA game that's worth about $1000 if you pay full price for everything.

Message 4 of 35 (8,703 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims who Dislike Mischief Autonomously do Mischief

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 35 (8,555 Views)

Sim doing action autonomously despite disliking it

★ Apprentice

My sim is obsessed with Trolling the forums even though he dislikes it (using the like/dislike function). He does it autonomously the moment he doesn't have anything to do. I've tried reducing his level in mischief as much as I can but to no avail. I assume that as long as it's in his skill list that he will keep doing it.

Is there anything I can do to stop him? Because it's annoying and I don't like playing with mischievous sims.

Message 6 of 35 (8,409 Views)

Re: Sim doing action autonomously despite disliking it

Hero
@phoenixjklin I merged your post with the thread on mischief. Could you send your save to Nick as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (8,345 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims who Dislike Mischief Autonomously do Mischief

★★★ Guide

With discover university installed, there's also sims who constantly prank the toilet despite them not liking mischief. It can get annoying when I have to fix and clean a toilet constantly because my sims who is supposed to dislike mischief still likes to prank the toilets. Then there's the alien mind wipe that still happens despite them supposedly not liking mischief.

Message 8 of 35 (8,156 Views)

★ Guide

I hate the autonomous mischief with a passion. I hate all of mischief in the game in general, but that's a different story. I set all of my sims to dislike mischief because I'm so fed up with it. Goofball became completely unplayable because they will not stop pranking every toilet in sight - even their own. And you can't even unprank it, which would have made perfect sense for a handy sim to be able to do. Even sims who are not goofballs, are not even in a  playful mood and dislike mischief will constantly troll the forums. Some of my sims put prank gifts under the christmas tree, which resulted in their kids being sad because they got bad gifts, then the parents got sad from shared sadness, ruining the whole day for everyone. Not to mention, the sims are miserable the whole time they are doing it, while still doing it. And I'm even scared to play with any aliens at this point after learning about their memory wipe prank. It's way past mildly annoying, it's VERY annoying. If they can't fix that, they should at least give us a toggle to turn off autonomous pranking in general. Please.

As a side note, and a bit OT, why did goofball sims all become pranksters? I know they wanted to make the trait actually do something, but every single mischief interaction in the game is just a d**k move imo. Instead, goofballs could be making jokes, telling funny stories, making people laugh, the positive things. And if they're also mean, then go ham with the mischief, it fits right in. But them just making every goofball into an obsessive prankster has made my game experience a lot worse.

Message 9 of 35 (8,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree and it can be really bad for couples as well. but it would be nice if they had a no mischief option sense I know most people do not like that for their sims.

Message 10 of 35 (7,887 Views)