by t00sa

Original Post

Sims wear makeup and nails according to the first everyday outfit when naked

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden. Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a sim, make an everyday outfit with makeup and/or nail polish 2. Get your sim naked, see if they have makeup/nails on.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims wearing makeup and nails when nude. (Further details below)
What do you expect to see? Sims not wearing makeup and nails when nude.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Spa Day/nails update.

• Shows makeup/nails of the first everyday outfit when naked.
    • Makeup/nails also appear when in robe or towel
    • No change if you try to edit/create a new everyday outfit without makeup/nails after creating the sim
  • Affects post-update created sims, not old households.
    • also affects everyone, if you start a new save

Workaround:

• When creating new sim, make two copies of the everyday outfit: the first one without makeup/nails and the second one with them included
  • Once in live mode, go to CAS and remove the first outfit

Also, doesn't affect nails got from pedi- and manicure, because you can always remove them.

EDIT: Updated game version and added recently bought University EP. No change, the bug still occurs in my game.

EDIT: I have tested, and the bug occurs also in base game. After reinstalling the whole game, sims still wear makeup/nails when naked.

Message 1 of 4 (1,368 Views)

Re: Sims wear makeup and nails according to the first everyday outfit when naked

★★★★ Pro

Why would they "take off" their nails when nude though? Regarding makeup I think it totally depends on the situation, for example if they're going to have a shower I would expect that they would take off the makeup or have the makeup they potentially have with their swimwear, but if they're for example streaking I would expect them to still wear their everyday makeup.

Message 2 of 4 (1,219 Views)

Re: Sims wear makeup and nails according to the first everyday outfit when naked

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SqueamishNerdwow, someone actually replied. So do you have this bug too?

And like you, I'm fine with nails showing but having makeup in bath, in a sauna or in the spa, for example, doesn't make sense to me. I just wanted to highlight that makeup showing while in nude/towel/robe is connected to the Spa Day update and nails.

If you get a manicure at the spa, it overwrites the nails you include in all the outfits in CAS, until you want to take the nails off. I think it's connected to that

Message 3 of 4 (1,196 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had a look in my game, and it seems like sims take off their nails but keep their makeup when getting nude.

Example pictures. First picture is a sim in her everyday outfit, she has makeup and nails. Nails were added in CAS. In the second picture she has taken off her clothes, and she kept her makeup but removed her nails.

NudeMakeupNails (2).pngNudeMakeupNails (1).png

I tested if it differed depending on which outfit she had before getting nude, but she always change into the everyday makeup when getting nude, at least for taking baths and showers.

Message 4 of 4 (1,078 Views)