Re: Sims wandering off with no action queued to perform

by megalohdon

Original Post

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Does this look like a $1,000 game to you, EA? Wonder why people pirate your *?

Message 11 of 22 (1,008 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've got a similar issue, though I do have autonomy enabled. However, what I'm seeing is (when this occurs) is I tell the sim to put the laundry down (due to the ongoing issues with laundry thinking it's clean/dry and not working properly). When this is selected, they clear their action queue (of the one action) and wander off clear across the house with the laundry in hand and continue to do other things, such as bathe (which never enters their queue either).

Message 12 of 22 (955 Views)

★ Novice

This issue is highly irritating. Selected autonomy off / All autonomy off but they keep wandering off. I'm trying to record videos, they autonomously blend with the npcs and walk away. There is no action icon to cancel so I have to wait for them to become a "non npc" again. Time consuming.

Message 13 of 22 (877 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still an issue Standard smile 

Message 14 of 22 (850 Views)

★ Apprentice

bumping this

Message 15 of 22 (781 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still an issue.

The worst example I've seen was just now when my sim needed to pee. He was in the house, bathrooms unobstructed (i even checked the doors to make sure they weren't bugged), but instead of using the toilet right there, he kept trying to walk across the map from the 64x64 in Henford to the public bathroom. He refused to do anything else. I reset him, repathed him, everything i could think of, nothing worked.

In the the end, I had to use mods to delete the public bathroom. And even then, he still kept trying to go there.

I got so frustrated, I just moved that sim out.

Message 16 of 22 (763 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Since autonomy issues can be caused by many things, we'd like to gather more info.

Specifically:

• Video(s) showing the issue you are seeing
  • Affected save files that haven't used any mods or custom content

If anyone would like to share these, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 22 (4,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I don't have a save file that's not been touched by CC or mods (makeup, MCCC etc) but these are videos of it happening.

https://youtu.be/aJZZ94unzx8

https://youtu.be/FjusT0y3DLU

They walk off and do their own thing even if autonomy is disabled. Happens in all worlds. They will walk off, then walk all the way back to do your thing, then walk off again.
Uploaded by LassHysteria on 2022-08-03.
Message 18 of 22 (640 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims wandering off with no action queued to perform

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I had the same problem, today I solved it by uninstalling the "SAC Extreme Violence" mod.

If you have it, please remove or update Nerd

Message 19 of 22 (567 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims wandering off with no action queued to perform

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@duhpoesdaI don't have that mod, plus it happened even with no mods

Message 20 of 22 (522 Views)