Sims walking a far distance to school/ work

by Hamsysincy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims walking a far distance to school/ work

★ Guide

Hi all,

Anyone with similar issue when the sims are about to go to work/ school. Instead of disappearing at the front of house when they go to work, the sims walks a distance far away from home to a location and disappeared.

I tried moving my sims to a new neighbourhood but this bug is still persisting.

Any fix on this?

**I know this is a small bug but this annoys me as my sims would take a longer time to reach their workplace and their ideal work emotions timed out after they take a long time reaching the "disappearing location". Sometimes my sims would even skip their work as the "disappearing location" is too far away from home.

Message 1 of 6 (3,516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims walking a far distance to school/ work

Hero

Do all Sims in your household do it ? I had that happening for one or two Sims in my household but never all. After traveling a few times, it eventuelly corrected itself.

Does it also happen if you go to a different location or only school/work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,865 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Do all Sims in your household do it ? I had that happening for one or two Sims in my household but never all. After traveling a few times, it eventuelly corrected itself.

Does it also happen if you go to a different location or only school/work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,866 Views)

★ Guide

Only 1 sim in the household is having this problem. Anyhow, thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (3,486 Views)

Hero

Try send him travelling to see if that solves it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,481 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Or, here's my solved way. You make the Sim who had distance troubles join in other households. and if you can see that he/she does his/her way at the normal location in other households, It's okay, trouble is gone. return him/her to an original household. welcome back! I'm agree with klch87. this problem may small bug, but yeah really annoy.. schoolchild sim gets this problem often. I know that loitering is fun, but please go back to home, my boy! DX
Message 5 of 6 (3,433 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe I got detailed about this problem?

so, in my case:
When changing a household, I notice the Sim who goes out. (My boy loves Rio Verde. heh =)
If that's a child or teens, he/her doesn't have at the place actually.
When continuing the play just as it is, he/her'll walk the long distance at the school/work.

for avoid this problem, when changing the household, please choose the Sim who goes out. and call him/her there and make him/her "go home".
then, It's okay. Next day, He/Her goes to school from a usual (disappear) point.

I know that this topic marks "solved" but I wish that this may be useful to someone.

Message 6 of 6 (3,413 Views)