Re: Sims unable to enter the house

by capr1ce

Original Post

Sims unable to enter the house

★★★ Newbie
The sims are unable to enter the house through 'go here' or using an object, resplacing the door and removing the wall does not fix the issue as the sims are unable to find a path. After changing households, the sims teleported inside and the issue seems to be fixed.
Message 1 of 22 (137,449 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I had exactly the same. Before I played today, the game updated itself with today's patch.

The issue was relsoved by going into manage worlds, and back to my household again.

Just before it had happened, I had asked another sim to move in with me. I then build a second story and roof on my house. After going back into live mode, the problem occured. One Sim was outside and couldn't get in. The inside sim went outside ok, but then couldn't get in again.

Message 2 of 22 (137,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Similar problem happening for me but no fix by going into manage world. 

Sims married, then couldn't entre the house. I repaced the front door with an arch, and the sims could entre. Once inside the sims can not entre a room via a door; only an arch. 

Message 3 of 22 (137,347 Views)

Hero

Thought that was on the list. Couldn't find it so added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (137,343 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Had this issue after sims got married. Wasn't only entering the house tho- it was also using objects in the house, such as the fridge, shower, and moving between rooms using doors
Message 5 of 22 (137,284 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (137,283 Views)

★★ Novice
In my case the problem was not solved by entering build mode. I removed/replaced the door, removed/replaced the steps, tried setting the back door as the front door. While I was trying everything I possibly could think of to get my two sims ro enter the house the third sim came home from work and walked straight in without a problem. But yet when I told him to fix something to eat he could not get to the refrigerator. All of this happened without any cause. I had been playing the same house for weeks when all of a sudden all these routing problems.
I did move the entire family into a new home and there are no problems. But I do wonder what happened to cause my house to be unusable.
Message 7 of 22 (137,268 Views)

Can't get in or out

★★★ Newbie
One sine inside & one sim outside. The sim on the outside cannot go inside and the sim on the inside cannot go outside. I've tried replacing doors and steps, but they still acted like something was in the way when there was nothing obstructing the doors in or out.
Message 8 of 22 (137,247 Views)

Re: Can't get in or out

Hero

@jaespace Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (137,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My problem is that I cannot enter none active sims houses. I don't get the option for my active sim to enter another sims house even though I can see a sim already in that house through the window.

Message 10 of 22 (137,218 Views)