Re: Sims taking forever to eat

by DopeySims

Original Post

Re: Forever to Eat

Hero

@ArilyBoo No need to open a new thread. I merged your post with the old thread.

Sometimes it takes longer to fix since the error needs to be reproduced, found and fixed. Not sure why some are having this issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 31 (1,190 Views)

Re: Forever to Eat

★★ Novice
Same issue before the fridge bugged out. Wondered what was going on. Don't know if still have it as they can't eat now Frown
Message 22 of 31 (1,187 Views)

★ Novice

I hope this is fixed soon. It's really annoying and making the game less fun.

Message 23 of 31 (1,162 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue too.

I haven't played since we got pools and thought I'd start a new game.

Did a clean install of the game, installed Outdoor Retreat (no mods installed whatsoever) and started a new family.

1st week or so was normal for eating, but now I'm in the 2nd sims week and my (still single) sim is taking forever to eat.

I was looking for a mod to fix this (while we wait for EA to fix), but I haven't found one yet.

Message 24 of 31 (1,146 Views)

★★ Pro

My Sims also take eons to eat - and this is when any Sim is totally alone and just eating. Not even playing with their phone and eating. Just eating. So I just cancel out the action as soon as their hunger bar is full - otherwise, they end up late for work, etc.

Message 25 of 31 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here, since the December patch.  

I noticed an earlier post saying that a  sim's mood could be  a factor.  

Not for me, they eat very slowly in all "OK" moods, that is, not "very embarassed"  or  "very angry"-- I don't have them eat at those times.

(DVD version; No mods or CC)

Quick workaround for me, 5 pomegranates satisfy even a red hunger bar, they eat them very quickly, they can carry them in their inventory, (they don't spoil!)  and my Sims don't get fat!! 

Helps that I have three pomegranate trees in the back yard!

Message 26 of 31 (1,090 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue too. It seems to me that the Sims take a full hour (I believe) to eat a meal or even shower. Compared to The Sims 3 where it didn't take Sims that long to eat, it takes them a long time to eat in The Sims 4. There's also another issue with the meals but that will be in a seperate thread.

I have no mod or CC, running The Sims 4 with the Genology update. My save was made on the Careers Update.

Message 27 of 31 (1,078 Views)

Hero

• Revised the eating vs. idle choice for Sims to weigh more heavily upon the eat side than previously.

This was changed. Feedback appreciated

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 31 (5,456 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems to have fixed the issue for me.

Message 29 of 31 (1,006 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the feedback. Waiting for more before marking as solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 31 (1,003 Views)