Re: Sims stuck at work and not recieving payouts for freelance jobs

by EbboThaQueen

Original Post

Sims stuck at work and not recieving payouts for freelance jobs

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32.85.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the internet personality career and thevfreelance programmer career
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim goes to work and returns, but is grayed out, with the briefcasr one her icon as if she is still at work. I have no access to her inventory, and I cannot click the icon to attempt to make her leave work early. She will go to work the next day and I still cannot click leave work early. On another household in the same world, which is Realm of magic, I had a Sim that was doing the freelance programmer career. No matter how many task she completed she was never paid.vi have tried alnost all of the solutions, even moved the Sim out and tried to copy them into a new house. Nothing is working.
What do you expect to see? I expect for my sim to come home from work and be able to have access to her inventory and other functions. Also, when projects are completed I expect to see the project completion and pay out right away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 7 (593 Views)

Hero
@EbboThaQueen Please use the following threads:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Freelancer-All-task-done-Gig-not-completed/td-p/82...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-stuck-at-work-Patch-1-66-133/m-p/9169565

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (578 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi, thanks for responding. I have been through both of these threads for the past 4 days, have not been able to find a solution. I have tried many of the suggestions. A lot if them were for PC. Am I missing the solution?
Message 3 of 7 (573 Views)

Hero
@EbboThaQueen For the freelancer there isn't any, for the stuck at work, you might need to quit the career and reenter.

Do you have at work icon at all or is the portrait just grey ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (567 Views)

★★ Novice

I have quite the career and join other careers. I have moved households oh, try to play from different households. The icon is grey and the briefcase is on the top left of the corner. The two humans are not on the top right of the corner oh, and there is no house to send the Sim home. I can give her tasks, but I cannot see her inventory or spend money in the aspirations store because it is as if she is not on the lot.

Message 5 of 7 (564 Views)

Hero
@EbboThaQueen I don't really have any other solutions than already posted in the linked thread, unfortunately and as you're on XB1 I can't look at your save either.

Best to continue in threads on the topics.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (549 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @EbboThaQueen,

Thanks for making this report. In your opening post there's a mention of what sounds like a few different things happening. Crin has shared the existing dedicated bug report threads we have opened. Could you continue to use those threads please?

I'll lock this thread in the meantime so as not to split up the information from those dedicated bug reports or to muddle issues together.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (527 Views)