Re: Sims still not ageing up when blowing out candles after 10/11/2022 patch

by MenaBuchner

Original Post

Sims still not ageing up when blowing out candles after 10/11/2022 patch

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them including all the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim bake a cake, place it on the table or a counter and have the birthday sim blow out the candles or make a wish (which also should initiate the age-up process).
What happens when the bug occurs? The candles are extinguished but the sim walks off without ageing up at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim age up after blowing out the candles or making a wish, but they don't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began re-occurring after the recent patch of 10/11/2022.

Will provide on request.

Message 1 of 10 (1,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MenaBuchner Is this for all age groups `?

Could you please double check what your actual patch number is ? You can find it on the main menu, lower right corner.

Toddlers are still buggy: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Toddlers-don-t-age-up-with-cake/td-p/10265082

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,473 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hi, it's happened with both toddlers ageing to child, and child ageing to teen, and would imagine it happens for other age groups as well as the interactions are the same.
Version 1.92.145.1030.
Message 3 of 10 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MenaBuchner Toddler is still being looked into so it would be good if you could test the other age groups.

Going to test Children on mine

EDIT: Aged up fine. Do you have enough space for them to age up ? Did you try multiple households for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,455 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict There was plenty of space. Neither the toddler nor the child could age up. It's not a space thing.
I'll test with other households this evening. I'm at work at present Standard smile
Thanks for taking the time to reply so long.
Message 5 of 10 (1,442 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hi there. I've tested on a bunch of families, ageing up children and adults and so far all have aged up. Toddlers appear to be a problem.
Message 6 of 10 (1,404 Views)

Hero
@MenaBuchner Toddlers are known.

So it's just that one child that doesn't want to age up (besides the toddlers) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,391 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hi. Yes.
Message 8 of 10 (1,344 Views)

Hero
@MenaBuchner Could you try moving the family to a different home, just for testing to see if it works there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,322 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hi there. Sure. I will do that this evening after work.
Message 10 of 10 (1,291 Views)