by nickienok

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims still freezing after update 1.34

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? My PS4 gets very loud, the fan sounds very loud. My Sims freeze. Nothing I click on is working. The clock is frozen. However, fountains still have active water flowing.
What do you expect to see? Sims not freezing. Actions being completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to version 1.33 and experienced crashing and freezing . Updated to 1.34 this morning and updated my ps4 to latest version too. Still no better than before 1.34 update. Still freezing.

No point submitting a photo as its just frozen and doesnt show anything helpful.

Message 1 of 6 (682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims still freezing after update 1.34

★★ Apprentice

Hi. No winterfest. However, after your last post, I moved my long term sim into a new lot/save and so far, no freezing. After some more play time, I will let you know if anything goes wrong.

I also started a totally new game and created a new sim, also no issues so far.

Both new lots are in Snowy escape and I placed lots from the gallery into the empty lot in snowy escape.

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help 

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (514 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@nickienok Is this a very old save with lots of items, played sims, or relationships?
Message 2 of 6 (644 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Hi. No its a new game as I just started due to buying Snowy Escape. One sim is an old sim that I moved into my new house/game. No there arent lots of items either. Its a Snowy Escape lot that I changed decor on etc but nothing complicated.
Message 3 of 6 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/p3jGFX5urjKX

This vid shows exactly whats happening for me. Also it took 10 mins to load into the game from my ps4 home screen, which is alot longer than usual. My PS4 is also very loud with the fan cooling/processor overworking noise.

Message 4 of 6 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@nickienok Thank you. Can you see if placing that sim down in (another) new save helps with this freezing?

Edit: Did you have a winterfest recently in that save? Did Father winter appear?

Message 5 of 6 (594 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi. No winterfest. However, after your last post, I moved my long term sim into a new lot/save and so far, no freezing. After some more play time, I will let you know if anything goes wrong.

I also started a totally new game and created a new sim, also no issues so far.

Both new lots are in Snowy escape and I placed lots from the gallery into the empty lot in snowy escape.

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help 

Message 6 of 6 (515 Views)