Sims return from school late

by AlphaIsTimZ

Original Post

Sims return from school late

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I have the Steam version, so whatever there today, 11th Aug '21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco, dine out, and season
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I currently do deadbeat parents sextuplet challenge, so I have an adult, a teen, and six children by the time it occurred. Send the seven of them to school together and they won't return home at 3. I think this is caused by sending multiple children AND teens to school together.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone who goes to school returns home around 4-5PM and I don't let them have any afterschool activities. Now the sextuplet have grown up to teen and my teen is YA and the problem seems to be less severe, but they still return home around 15 minutes late. I think this bug occurs when I have BOTH children AND teens go to school together.
What do you expect to see? School ends at 3PM and they must return home immediately.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I use MCCC and Gettp's GFAS for all-seasonal crops.

Message 1 of 17 (1,409 Views)

Re: Sims return from school late

Hero
@AlphaIsTimZ Did you mess around with MCCC time settings ? Do they also go late ? Do they come home exactly on the hour or some obscure time in-between ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,365 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I only use MCCC to age up my sims without cake. I don't mess anything else with it. Their 'go to school' command appears normally at 8AM with no problem and they left, but sometimes they also walk around the spawning point in front of the house instead of leaving immediately (somehow they aren't count as late when they really leave at 9.

Sometimes they come home around 4, sometimes 5, but never 3, except if the teen is the only one who goes to school.

Message 3 of 17 (1,360 Views)

Hero
@AlphaIsTimZ Could be a simulation lag issue then.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I don't keep a save when they're still children tho... They're now teens, so aging down is necessary. But here it is in your PM.

Message 5 of 17 (1,346 Views)

Hero
@AlphaIsTimZ I aged them down and all came home at 3 pm.

Do you use super speed till they come home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (1,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes, but when I change to normal speed, they don't return...

I just send you the video.

EDIT: do I actually need to go normal speed for some seconds for them to come home? I remember playing sims 2&3 and they return home regardless of game speed.

Message 7 of 17 (1,320 Views)

Hero
@AlphaIsTimZ They came home for me on super speed so I'm wondering if there's a difference. I'll test normal speed.

The video you sent me, didn't attach, so just upload it to youtube unlisted and link it here

Since I couldn't duplicate, I think it's probably simulation lag going on in your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

https://youtu.be/5L_WZRK2XAo

Is it possible that the cause is my laptop? It's still AMD, but wasn't sims 4 released years ago?

Message 9 of 17 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@AlphaIsTimZ Simulation lag has many reasons.

Here's some explanations on it (first post, the thread is archived): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/6918287

The problem is that the game is very complex with all the possible interactions and is getting worse with every pack (so many possibilities)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (1,263 Views)