by JuliaChang93

Original Post

Sims reset themselves

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs. All game packs except Strangerville and Journey to Batuu. Stuff packs: Toddler, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Paranormal, Moschino, Bowling Night, Nifty Knitting, Movie Hangout, Tiny Living. Kits: Throwback Fit, Courtyard Oasis, Bust The Dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is randomly happening but for a certain observation, go to a restaurant or a bar with more than one sim (NPCs are also okay); order something and have a conversation.
What happens when the bug occurs? A few sims are enjoying their drinks on their bar stools and suddenly they are just resetting themselves standing up, everything is gone: the conversation, fun; lol. I am also experiencing this issue on other actions, generally in the restaurants (in front of eating / waiting for the waiter, etc...) they just get reset and go idle.
What do you expect to see? From the Sims not resetting themselves randomly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It has been happening in my game for a while but recently it is out of control. They just stop what they are doing (I know there have been other articles about this issue but as far as I observed, they are all locked or out-of date; so I opened a new one).

Message 1 of 9 (2,821 Views)

Re: Sims reset themselves

Hero
@JuliaChang93 the bar resets have been happening since the game came out.

For resets it's usually best if there's one thread per interaction. I don't know if we have one for restaurants currently

I'll search for a thread later when I have more time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,791 Views)

★ Guide

this happens to me and it's not just at the bar. sometimes it happens when they are sleeping. I had a save where I was trying to build a greenhouse and my sim who was trying to grow the plants would reset when tending the garden. the garden would be tended to afterwards as well. 

Message 3 of 9 (2,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictWell, just wow… then I can say those bar resets are too often, like everytime. The worst part is those resets are not limited to sitting at the bars. If the others also start to happen too frequently, I will open another thread as you mentioned.

Message 4 of 9 (2,733 Views)

Sims Bugging Out When Socializing

★★★ Newbie

Recently I have noticed my Sims bugging out when three or more Sims are socializing in the same area. Usually, when they are seated. This will happen in areas like bars or anywhere that 3 more Sims will be seated. I've noticed this with in the last week or two. Maybe longer then that. I lose track of time. Safe to say, with in the month of September. It seems like they are fighting for seats. I don't know what is happening. All the Sims in the area stand up and freeze for a moment. All commands are erased. They are forced out of any skill building activities. 

This makes it difficult to function at clubs and get togethers. Dates are ruined because one or two people sat near them. It's really odd.  

Message 5 of 9 (2,703 Views)

Re: Sims Bugging Out When Socializing

Hero (Retired)

@Blackkatness I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 6 of 9 (2,677 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have this sometimes to, specially if my sims eat in a restaurant with 4 sims + conversation (T-posing and reset). Sadly, the game doesn’t generate a LE with this. 

Message 7 of 9 (2,650 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having this lately specifically with restaurants. My sims are seated at the table having conversation for a while and then suddenly they are al just standing behind their chairs. If their food had been served already, I have to redirect them to eat. It doesn't free up the table or anything, and they generally go back to what they were doing when directed to, so it's a minor annoyance right now. I have not had it happen more than once in a single meal. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,815 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still happening to me too

Message 9 of 9 (1,222 Views)