Re: Sims reject romance despite being full relationship

by TheSpaark

Original Post

Sims reject romance despite being full relationship

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but nifty knitting and eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be romantic with a sim with almost full friendship bar
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim rejects advances despite having good relationship
What do you expect to see? Sim to accept interactions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sim is not noncommittal and accepts some interactions but not all specific ask a risqué question is rejected almost every time. 

Message 1 of 11 (10,376 Views)

★★★ Pro

Ask risque question is a hard interaction for me they only except with a 3 quarter full romance bar anything under that it's always rejected.

Message 2 of 11 (10,326 Views)

★★★ Pro

Also forgot to mention it's easier to use romance options when the Sims are in a flirty mood let also does the sim in question have the unflirty trait because if they do it's 10 times harder to build romance with Sims with that trait I'm not saying it's impossible but it is harder to romance them.

Message 3 of 11 (10,318 Views)

Champion

@TheSpaark wrote:

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be romantic with a sim with almost full friendship bar

Romance actions are scored from the Romance bar. And it's not just as simple as that - there's a whole conversation context score too. High score actions like "Ask a Risque Question" will succeed if you have a good romance bar, or other things like a Steamy Conversation context, or a flirty emotional mood, or trait boosts like Alluring trait.

What you're describing is a totally unromantic situation where two friends just walk up to each other on the street and without even saying hello someone asks "Hey I'm not wearing any underpants today!" and expecting a romantic reaction. It's more likely they'd say "back off creep!".

What you need is a romantic setup like, taking them on a date, giving them a romantic gift of flowers, showing some romantic intentions with some simple flirts and compliments, both getting in a flirty mood and THEN you pop the risque question.

Message 4 of 11 (10,307 Views)

★ Guide

I get that but they are rejecting everything. Even flirting and asking to be single. They are best friends and in good moods. 

Message 5 of 11 (10,226 Views)

Hero
@TheSpaark Is it just that couple you have issues with ? Have you tried flirting with another Sim ? Or tried another couple ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (10,203 Views)

★★★ Guide
@simvasion this is such a good explanation of how things work in game and in life and the underpants -comment made me actually giggle. +1 Thanks for the laughs Standard smile /OT
Message 7 of 11 (10,166 Views)

Hero
@TheSpaark Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (10,109 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having this issue. Two roommates started as wohoo partners then became boyfriends. Their romantic and sexual interests are inclusive of men. And their romance bar is about 75% and yet they both reject woohoo inquiries from each other.  

Message 9 of 11 (4,784 Views)

Hero
@nickinbigd Do you only have issues with Sims that were woohoo partners before ? This thread is older and there's an active thread for ex-woohoo partners here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WooHoo-Partners-become-romantically-involved-and-stop-WooHooin...

Could you test if it works on another couple that hasn't been partners ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (4,770 Views)