Re: Sims raise/max skills too quickly

by crocobaura

Original Post

Sims raise/max skills too quickly

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest Patch (July 2021)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack and kit except Journey to Batuu and Cottage Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household and have sims use interactions that gain skills
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim uses an interaction that raises or maxes skills
What do you expect to see? Sims to raise and max their skills at a normal pace
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living patch

I noticed that my sims were reaching the next level of any skill when they perform interactions, like gardening, charisma, comedy and parenting, or just max them out. One of my sims was at level 6 for gardening, and all of a sudden he maxed it out in seconds, and now him and the others are maxing their other skills even if they're nowhere near the max level. Like every bug or glitch, it's weird at first but now it's kinda annoying.

Message 1 of 12 (2,098 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also noticed this bug. Was playing premade sim Cecilia Kang and she came with level 2 cooking. She cooked 4-5 meals in game and already reached level 10 in cooking. 

Message 2 of 12 (2,067 Views)

Hero
@3m0k1tty Does the lot have any lot traits ? Does it happen on all lots ?

Have you deleted the localthumbcache file after removing mods and tried a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (2,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. I noticed it first for a toddler who just aged into a toddler. First it was the glitchy walk, and dad was teaching shapes. I sent the toddler to bed after and the kid ran to bed. I checked his skills, and he had level 4 movement and level 2 of other skills already. Yet he was just one Sim day old.

Message 4 of 12 (2,018 Views)

Hero
@icedragons_9 Could you also answer my questions above ? Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,987 Views)

★ Apprentice

No skill-related lot traits at the moment. Yes this is happening on all played lots. Yes I deleted the localthumbcache, and yes I removed mods. It's not happening as often now but it still is. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,970 Views)

★★ Guide

This bug is still present. The most quick way to see this is to use the sit in class interaction from Discover University and the skill gains come at an extremely fast pace, allowing the player to max out a full 10 level skill in MINUTES

Message 7 of 12 (1,667 Views)

Hero
@LunarBritney Do you only see it in class or also in other instances ? Might be worth making a dedicated thread for class if you're only seeing it there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,662 Views)

★ Guide

I just had something similar happen, only it was for an entirely different skill than what my sim was doing at the time - was trying to get the final level of Mental Skill for a child, only for them to instantaneously gain 6 levels in Motor Skill out of the blue. What on earth has that last patch even done???

Message 9 of 12 (1,656 Views)

Hero
@alakurielle That would most probably be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Key-Commander-raises-motor-skill-incredibly-fast/t... ..

I merged your other thread already.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,639 Views)