Re: Sims putting food dishes into storage box instead of fridge

by TwinGoddessLA

Original Post

★ Guide

@crinrict I always use that specific storage box and no before it only put the books in there and nothing else. Now since 1st May 2021 update it is putting prepared food dishes and pet toys in there which it did not do before.

The bug the other person mentioned on university issue said they could not get items back out of box. I have no issues pulling item back out of the box.

Just annoying that they are putting food that should go to refrigerator and dog toys that should go to dog toy box in the storage box now.

Message 31 of 44 (1,505 Views)

★ Guide

@siirysiir I don't have an issue pulling stuff out of boxes. It just started putting the food dishes in there and it wasn't before that 1st May 2021 update

Message 32 of 44 (1,505 Views)

★★ Pro
@TwinGoddessLA I think there was some kind of misunderstanding here.. So the behaviour with the university box (that ICYA chest) is exactly the same as you describe for the storage box. Sims will put food in there instead of putting it in the fridge like they should. You could test by putting your storage box in the family inventory for instance and then place the ICYA storage box in your house. In my game if I click on a plate for the sims to "Put Away" the plate, they will put it in the ICYA chest at least if it is closer than the fridge.
Message 33 of 44 (1,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The storage box is designed for food as it is part of the juice maker machine and when you produce many it will spit out a box of of them and put it in your inventory.  Once you open it your have a bunch of juices.  Also I think the kag sits on one of though boxes.  Edit: wrong box, that is a storage box for anything a small box to organize pretty much anything you want from collectables to scraps to fruits and pretty much anything that will fit in a box and you can put it in your inventory too.

Message 34 of 44 (1,387 Views)

★★ Guide

I have seen the same but only with books, no food, but maybe it's because I usually put the food in the fridge manually. I have no trouble retrieving the books from the chest.

Message 35 of 44 (1,276 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims put objects in Box/Chest instead of container (fridge, bookshelf

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 44 (1,231 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims put objects in Box/Chest instead of container (fridge, bookshelf

★★★★ Guide

I'm not bothered much by the books, but the FOOD. Omg. It's so frustrating to realize my sims have been putting leftovers in these chests instead of the refrigerator. Spoiled food everywhere.

Message 37 of 44 (1,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TwinGoddessLA My sims have been putting food in the chest since University came out. Maybe it was fixed at some point and broke again.

Message 38 of 44 (1,216 Views)

Sims trying to put a book in the keepsake box

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, My Wedding Stories, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, all stuff packs apart from Paranormal, Moschino, My First Pet, Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave a book out of the bookshelf and have a keepsake box on the side
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will try and put the book in the keepsake box and when they place the book down, it teleports back to where it was picked up from
What do you expect to see? A sim taking the book to the bookshelf and staying in the bookshelf
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Growing Together

If autonomous, they will infinitely try to put it away. They will also often stop what they are doing to put the book away.

Message 39 of 44 (992 Views)

[GRO] Sims keep filling Keepsake Box

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.6.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a keepsake box in your home
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims and visitors keep filling the keepsake box with random things like food that should go in thr fridge or books instead of back on the bookshelf
What do you expect to see? The exact opposite
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, added tag

Message 40 of 44 (911 Views)