Sims putting food dishes into storage box instead of fridge

by TwinGoddessLA

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims Put Books in Chest Instead of on Bookshelf

★★★ Guide

This still happens with every chest I've tried but also with the Eco sticker boxes. Also tried placing bookshelves next to boxes, but they still prefer the box. I like to use the boxes as decoration, but it's too much of a hazzle with this bug.

Just want to add that this also makes the books disappear from the bookshelf index, so there's no way to make sims read the books unless you know where they've ended up.

Message 21 of 44 (698 Views)

★★ Guide
@canelacaliente I've always liked using the chests (so that the Sims' inventories don't have so much clutter.) But for as long as TS4 has had chests, they've preferentially put the books into chests rather than the bookshelves. I find this annoying because I can't find the books as easily but I solved it by putting the chest on a different floor from the bookshelves or in a locked room. But it doesn't seem to be a "bug" but rather a "feature". It's just a "feature" I find annoying and wish wasn't there. I sometimes will deliberately put books in a chest (so that they don't autonomously grab them) but I don't want *them* to put it in the chest.
Message 22 of 44 (678 Views)

★ Guide

I am having same issue since December update. Windows 10 PC. Have never used mods or CC.

Message 23 of 44 (660 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Food put away by Sims in ICYA chest instead of fridge

★ Novice
@Karababy52 It happened to me with a maid and the eco lifestyle boxes.
Message 24 of 44 (742 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Food put away by Sims in ICYA chest instead of fridge

★★ Pro

Weird that we don't have more reports on this. I have been having this for a good while now (or I haven't because I don't use those ICYA chests anymore because sims will store food to spoil there).

It might be down to distance/routing on how easy this is to reproduce. But the sims will actually prefer putting food in the ICYA chests if both fridges and an ICYA chest are available close by. And I've seen it happen multiple times that a sim will walk a long distance to put the food in the chest rather than a fridge that would have been roughly 10 distance units away from them (and significantly closer to the sim than the chest was). And if the chest and the fridge are both in the same room, a sim will always choose the chest for "Put away" interaction. I haven't been able to figure out under what conditions a sim would put the food in a fridge if a chest is also on the lot.

Message 25 of 44 (672 Views)

Sims putting food dishes into storage box instead of fridge

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, Game Packs and Stuff Packs, except for Batu, Paranormal and Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on food dish that is completed on counter, table, etc. and select put away
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will pickup food dish and put it into the storage box
What do you expect to see? Sim should put food into the refrigerator, NOT the storage box.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue began after update to the May 11, 2021 Patch, before this Sims would put food into the fridge

First it was the books....now food dishes

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted version number according to info below

Message 26 of 44 (876 Views)

Re: Sims putting food dishes into storage box instead of fridge

Hero
@TwinGoddessLA That game version you have there is a bit strange.

Here's instructions how to find the base game one: hhttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M172242

Does it matter which storage box ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 44 (841 Views)

★ Guide

The Sims 4 software version is 1.74.59.1030

It is the cardboard storage box I noticed it with. I have not tested with any others.

Sim is also taking the dog toys and putting it into the storage box, food dishes, still putting books in there too. Sims will go out of their way to put those things in there.

Now I know the book issue is an existing bug. But the dog toys and prepared food dishes are new ones since the update

Message 28 of 44 (813 Views)

★★ Pro

This sounds a lot like the bug we have with those Discover university ICYA chests. Maybe check in your game if you can see both bugs and click "Me too" if so. There seems to be something funky going on with items that have an inventory. (I hope we won't be seeing dishes in our bookshelves next! )

Message 29 of 44 (793 Views)

Hero
@TwinGoddessLA Guess it's the same issue than with the ICYA chests.

Threads for books is here in case you aren't already aware: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-Put-Books-in-Chest-Instead-of-on-Bookshelf/td...

Did they not do it before for you or did you not have boxes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 44 (771 Views)