Re: Sims overheating even when wearing all "Hot Weather" clothing

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims overheating even when wearing all "Hot Weather" clothing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff pack as of 2/12/2022
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Construct an outfit made entirely of "Hot Weather" clothing, but assign it as a different type of outfit (eg. Athletic, Everyday, Formal, etc.)
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will overheat in Hot or Heat Wave weather despite wearing all "Hot Weather" clothing, if the outfit constructed is assigned as a different type of outfit (eg. Athletic, Everyday, Formal, etc.)
What do you expect to see? Sims wearing an outfit comprised of clothing all flagged as "Hot Weather" should remain safe from overheating regardless of what type of outfit it is assigned as.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had constructed two different Athletic outfits for my Sim - one made up of general Athletic wear, and the other made up entirely of clothing with the tag "Hot Weather". This was so I could have her go for jogs and such outside while wearing the "Hot Weather" Athletic outfit without being in danger of overheating. Unfortunately, it seems like the game does not register an outfit as "Hot Weather"-safe if that outfit is saved as a non-Hot-Weather outfit (eg. Athletic, Everyday, Formal, etc.), even if the outfit is made up entirely of "Hot Weather" clothing. I have not tested if "Cold Weather" clothing has the same issue when assigned to a non-Cold-Weather outfit type.

This feels like a serious issue, as it means that even if a Sim's options for the other outfit types are constructed with what should be weather-safe clothing, the game will not register it as weather-safe unless the overall outfit is saved as a dedicated Hot-Weather outfit. Apart from not being able to have a Sim exercise outside during the Summer period, this also means that certain parties and formal events also can't be held outdoors during that time. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,201 Views)

Re: Sims overheating even when wearing all "Hot Weather" clothing

Hero
@tygor_tora Only the hot weather outfit has the programming to count as hot weather. It's not the clothing itself that makes an outfit hot weather. You can give them winter cloth and define that as hot weather outfit and your Sims won't overheat.

That's just how it works and is not a bug.

They should however not overheat/freeze while jogging. There's an open bug report for Sims dying when they stop jogging: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-Joggers-freeze-to-death-when-they-stop-jogging/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,157 Views)