by LauraKl10

Original Post

Sims not getting promoted if two Sims in household are due for promotion

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims get promoted at same time
What happens when the bug occurs? One sim comes home and gets promoted, the other one does not
What do you expect to see? I expect to see both get promoted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had two sims - both in the culinary career have the yellow check for promotion. When they came home, one dialog box popped up for promotion, and the other did not. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 8 (1,135 Views)

Re: Sims not getting promoted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LauraKl10 Did you try playing on to see if they get promoted a few days later ?

Does your Sim live in an apartement ?

Could you also please:
- List either the packs you have or the ones you don't have (whatever is shorter). Often bugs need to be checked on the exact packs you have.
- Enter your game version. Most recent doesn't help cause it's outdated with the next patch

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,103 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I assume the error is that two were getting promoted at the same time and it only popped up one box. Usually it does two back to back, but it did the first and then stopped. 

No, they don’t live in an apt. 

Not sure what packs I don’t have, but I doubt they play a role. If I were to guess, it’s something to do with two needing promotions at once. I doubt it’s particular to a certain pack. 

Most recent as of 5/8/21. Not sure the number

Message 3 of 8 (1,091 Views)

Hero
@LauraKl10 Follow the link above to find your version number.

Do they get promoted the next day then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,084 Views)

Hero
@LauraKl10 Have both been promoted now ? Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,030 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict yes - still having issues. Sims are not getting promoted. If they come home from work and there are two that need to be promoted at the same time, only one gets promoted. The other one has to wait until the next day ... :/

Message 6 of 8 (1,003 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had the same thing happen, however I travelled with the household to another lot right afterwards and the second sim got the pop up for the promotion. Another time I had it happen I happened to save and quit shortly afterwards and when I went into the save the next time I got the pop up for the promotion. Though I mainly notice it when my sims are being prompted to join a branch of a career. 

Best regards, 

Jennifer

Message 7 of 8 (964 Views)

Only one promotion when 2+ sims reach career level that requires choosing branch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Island Living, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Tiny Living, Laundry Day and the Free Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two or more sims that meet career promotion requirements one level below the one in which they're supposed to choose a branch come home/work from home at the exact same time (e.g. two sims being lvl 4 in the entertainment career)
What happens when the bug occurs? Only one of the sims get to choose a career branch, while the others simply don't get promoted at all
What do you expect to see? Being able to choose a branch to each of the sims getting promoted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There are ways to avoid this, like sending one of the sims home earlier than the other(s), or in case they all work from home, loading a previous state of the save file and actually sending one of them to work so that sim can get the promotion without conflict, but since this issue is not that common (even tho I faced it twice by now) it's often too late before I realise it's gonna happen, so I have to play through the day(s) all over again, which is annoying.

EDIT (Nov 16th/21): I had this happen again recently with two sims that were working from home, too much effort going back, so I just used cheats. Not ideal, but it works~

Message 8 of 8 (907 Views)