Re: Sims not at school/work when they are supposed to be

by FKM100

Original Post

Hero

@FKM100 Did this ever get solved for you ? Also are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict,

I haven't played for the past three/four weeks, as I have had huge computer issues, but the last time I played, I was still experiencing the problem. I have only just re-installed my game and updated to the latest patch, but have not had a chance to play yet. I will post again when I have had a chance to try it out. The only mod I use is No Mosaic. I certainly don't have the gardening mod referred to by other posters above.

Message 12 of 19 (429 Views)

Hero

Yeah, no mosaic should not be an issue.

Let me know whatever you find

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (423 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry, but the problem is still there, just the same as before. I entered a household at about 12.00 on a Wednesday - all the children were at home and hubby was not at work, even though it was a working day for him. Clicking on their career icons told me that they were only due to go to school/work the next day. I tried three different households and got the same thing.

Message 14 of 19 (413 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so please do the following

1. Zip this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves
  2. Upload it to dropbox or mediafire
  3. PM me the link and info which save game has the error

@FKM100 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (407 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sure, Crinrict - will do. It might take a couple of days before I can attend to it (I am a bit snowed under at work at the moment), but I will do it as soon as I am able.

Message 16 of 19 (404 Views)

Hero

No rush. Pretty swamped myself this week.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (402 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict 

I am not sure if you do play Sims 4 as your questions are about the same (ie Using mods/ cc, delete cache files, etc) to almost all who reported bugs.

Personally i face most of the bugs which the players posted here (ie relationship bar, not cleaning dishes, not finishing reading a book), if not all.

If you do play Sims 4, probably you will face the same bugs they highlighted and acknowledge that they are genuine bugs, not caused by other factors.

Message 18 of 19 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I play the game, thanks very much but I need to be sure that bugs reported are not mod related since EA is very quick with blaming mods and then they won't fix. I'm just making sure people are playing on vanilla games when reporting. I do have a few bugs myself, of course but I also use mods, so my own experience doesn't count at all.

Some bugs are also temporary glitches which can be solved by clearing caches (especially if you were using mods). Just because I propose work around it does not mean it doesn't get added. I have over 500 bugs listed now, some have work arounds, others don't. It's all about finding fixes and making sure issues are actual issue that EA can fix and also helping them recreate the issue. The more info is given the better.

Also if you actually have read this thread, you will see that a user has stated a mod was the culprit for this particular bug so the question is not so out as you may think.

At the moment I'm going through all bugs listed and see if they are still valid complaints or not since EA has fixed quite a lot without telling us in the patch notes.

All the examples you listed are on the list and are treated as valid complaints so I don't know why you think I don't know what I'm doing here. Also if people would provide more info in the first place, I would not need to ask so many questions just to never get an answer. If you have the same bugs, hit the me too button and help recreate the steps cause otherwise it looks like one lonely person is having an issue. Do you really think EA is going to bother with trying to fix that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (391 Views)