by bellalala93

Original Post

Sims loose relationships

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the Spooky Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing in live mode and checking the relationships panels
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims relationships aren't matched up to their description. For example - Rashida is supposed to be the girlfriend of Rahul and even has the "have a boyfriend" aspiration ticked. Yet she doesn't know him. Rahmi also apparently had a relationship with the mayor and even has a sentiment about her husband that she feels guilty yet she doesn't know her either. Relationships are missing from sims who apparently know other sims.
What do you expect to see? Relationships to match and the whole Lure of it to be correct and reflect in relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So basically I know the lure is that Rahmi cheated on Thomas with the mayor and that Rashida is dating the mayors son. It's also on the Sims Wikia which I know isn't official but it's normally spot on. I had watched videos on the lead up to the launch and saw all the lure and stuff on this. Yet Rahmi only dislikes Simon Scott in my game and doesn't know the Mayor and Rashida also doesn't know the mayors son. Despite them apparently dating and Rahmi apparently having cheated on Thomas. There is also no guilty sentiment. I don't have any mods or anything and I read about them being in the relationships and other players on youtube saying so. Has this been changed before launch or is there a glitch here? 

I was really looking forward to the lure!

Edit: Also I did try to attach more snips of the issues but the files are too large for this and I don't have the time right now to go through other links thanks

(merge post) - Atic 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 16 (1,596 Views)

Re: country living

They had the sentiments they are supposed to have in my game. Only the mayor seemed to have conveniently forgotten about Thomas - at least when asked about him, she claimed not to know him - but that was a few days into the game so their relationship might have decayed.

Message 2 of 16 (1,551 Views)

Re: country living

Hero
@bellalala93 Are you meeting with these Sims often ?

There's relationship decay in this game. An explanation of what happens can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-forget-already-existing-relationships/m-p/964...

You shouldn't loose a BF relationship that fast though so it might be what the others are seeing in that thread.

Do you play rotationally at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 16 (1,518 Views)

Re: Sims loose relationships

★★ Apprentice

This type of relationship decay has been a part of the game for as long as I've played. You simply cannot trust the household bios on that. For example, Kaori Nishidake from the Snowy Escape pack is supposed to be romantically involved with Kyoshi Ito, but give it a few days after starting a new game and they will no longer know each other. Another example is Sergio Romeo from Get Together, who is supposedly in a relationship with Siobhan Fyres. My sim tried hitting on him on the very first day of the new save and he said that he's single, so she started a relationship with him instead. I have seen Siobhan and Sergio flirt on a few rare occasions, yet other times I have entered his household on the first day and found that he knows no one except his housemate Joaquin Le Chien. On another note, according to their household bio Miko Ojo allegedly has a crush on Akira Kibo, but there's nothing indicating that she's romantically interested in him - just like there's no romantic interest between Don Lothario and either of the three women he lives with, no indication of a relation between Johnny Zest and the Landgraabs and no love triangle between the members of the BFF household. The so-called lore has always been spotty like that.

Personally I am grateful for this lack of personal relationships in the game because it saves me the trouble of having to break them up. My teenage sim is happily dating the mayor's son with no interference from the nuisance that is a potential other girlfriend. I understand the frustration for players who relish in all kinds of lore and story progression and feels that it makes their game come alive, but for those of us who prefer to start on a blank slate, it's a godsend.

Message 4 of 16 (1,466 Views)

Sims Relationships with Not Played Sims Reset

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (20% - 40%)
What is your current game version number?  1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Journey To Batuu
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims are running around town and have to interact with townies or other sims I have made, they have to reintroduce themselves. I think sims that are marked as "not played" are not being saved in my sims' relationship inventory and my sims has to reintroduce themselves to sims I know for a fact they have met already.
What do you expect to see? Sims relationships are intact. Townies whom my sim has met don't need to be reintroduced to my sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This started happening after installing Cottage Living + related patches.

This issue is particularly noticeable when you're completing errands for the townies in Henford-on-Bagley. My sim has done an errand or two for every sim that has an errand that needs to be run, and every other time I click on one of the HOB sims to do another errand, they have to reintroduce themselves. I thought this just might be for those townies because they're "special" townies who have special interactions, but I made other sims for the world for sim to become friends with over time and after a few introductions, I realized their relationships were reset as well. 

I also noticed that in James Turner's LP on YouTube with Cottage Living, he started seeing that as well (Part 14 and Part 15) but he thought it was just a weird glitch since he merged to his current household to an old save file. I'm pretty sure he is seeing the same relationships resetting bug that I am. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 5 of 16 (1,459 Views)

Re: Sims Relationships with Not Played Sims Reset

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me. After I play a household, and removed them from the “my household” to the “other household” all the relationships reset. Even when they have a boyfriend/girlfriend status. It’s weird and annoying..

Message 6 of 16 (1,426 Views)

Hero
@sundikhin Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (1,411 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Happened to me too after the last update

Message 8 of 16 (1,387 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That's been a problem ever since the base game. Bob and Eliza Pancakes are supposed to have a rocky relationship (according to the bio), but when you actually play them, they're friends and sweethearts.

Don Lothario is supposed to be Katrina Caliente's "boy toy" (again, according to the bio) and it's hinted that he's attracted to at least one of her daughters, but in reality he only has a friendly relationship with all of them.

And premade Sims don't know any other Sims outside of their household, even if they bios say that they have a history together.

Message 9 of 16 (1,372 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The reports in this thread seem to be talking about two different issues - the fact that played Sims stop knowing other Sims once their relationship decays far enough, and the fact that premade Sims don't actually know anyone outside of their household even though the family bios say that they do.

(Personally, I hope the first one is intentional and not a bug. I hate having to scroll through dozens of Townies that my Sim spoke to once at a festival while trying to find an actual friend to invite over. Having them disappear from the relationship panel after a certain amount of time is a godsend!)

Message 10 of 16 (1,368 Views)