Re: Sims loose relationships

by systemofadown06

Original Post

Re: Sims Relationships with Not Played Sims Reset

★★★ Newbie

Hmm yeah the bug that I reported and the bug that this thread originally talks about are a bit different - but what I'm experiencing is not relationship decay. My sim meets someone and literally the next day has the option for a Friendly Introduction again. This is particularly noticeable with the Henford on Bagley townies who I do errands for every day. It wasn't a big deal until I tried making my own townies to put in the game for my current household to interact with. My current household sim met all of my new sims, then when I went to the relationship panel after I switched lots to invite them to hangout at lot, the person they met was gone.

Message 11 of 16 (440 Views)

★★★ Novice
@myrnakj Same is also happening to me. I cannot complete errands even though I have the needed objects in my inventory because the townie I'm supposedly doing the errand for doesn't know me. I can get new errands from them, but can't finish the existing ones.
Message 12 of 16 (399 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ellonwheels I, too, made my own townies, and they're all related to one another, but they've all lost their relationships, even though I initially created them all in the same home (3 generations) then split them into separate households and moved them into three different lots. First few days they maintained their relationships. I think since the patch, they've been losing their relationships and having to be reintroduced. It totally messed up my plan for H-o-B....
Message 13 of 16 (396 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ellonwheels I thought of one other thing.... This might have triggered the weirdness. I understand that if a town position is vacated, new townies are created, and that there is apparently always an Agatha (who I'm having the most difficulty with), but I didn't know I couldn't play with the Scotts, who were in a house at the start, without having them lose their pub. So, I got a new pub owner, then that one died almost immediately, and now I have a third pub owner, but he often doesn't remember me. I played with the Scotts either the day before or the day I applied the patch. And I THINK that the problems I've been seeing with completing errands have been happening since around the same time. In one case, the creature keeper's errands disappeared after he didn't know me. I don't know if Agatha's will or not. Right now, I have two Agatha errands I can't complete, though I've done the stuff.
Message 14 of 16 (391 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@bellalala93 This is happening in my game too! My Sim goes to sell his goods at the place in cottage living, and he will have a good relationship with the towns people, the next day they will not even know him, no relationship at all.
Message 15 of 16 (356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I am not sure if I read your issue correctly, but I had a similar sounding issue just yesterday and ended up fixing it today. I had restarted my game many times, ended up evicting the household because it was bugging out. The two sims had already gone through the works of dating and asking to be partners, even exchanged promise rings, and all of a sudden on their Christmas, it showed they weren't dating even though they were. I tried to just make them date again and the option "ask if single" was the only option available, along with the regular flirting and such. After selecting that, it did not pop up to ask to be gf or bf. So, after evicting and making a whole new household, it was still buggy. So I deleted the new household all together, went to the previous original household, copied it into my gallery, deleted the existing "not placed in world" household I had evicted, and then closed the game after saving. Gave it about 5 mins to stay closed, opened the game again, and hit start NEW GAME. The create a sim opened to make a new household, I went in to the gallery and selected to use the copy of the og household, "are you sure you want to replace this household blahblahblah", yes, and then went and placed them in a house. Their relationships and such reset like they were new sims, but their skills carried over surprisingly and even their New Years resolutions and school grade (i was tinkering alot trying to fix without deleting first, they are teens), cool bonus, and it fixed the issue. All I had to do was rebuild their relationship. I hope this helped, if not you, then someone else who's having these issues. 

Message 16 of 16 (286 Views)